Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can anyone explain the stage 1 dowload?

Old 11-24-2010, 04:18 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

concerning Xied's I have read on the internet (so it must be true) that if you are running a cat you can have some issues with damage to the cat. True or not?

Old 11-24-2010, 04:21 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hellmut73
Wow, Lots of confusion.

NO- the stage one download does not "marry" itself to the ECM. You can reflash a new map to the ECM using a tuner like the SERT or Mastertune. But not a power comander.

There is only one tuner I know of that can capture the stock tuning files off of the ECM. Dynojet Power Vision- comes out in December.

Those that have the stage one down load and are running Power Commanders on top it can have their HD dealer reflash the ECM with the stock map file- They are feeding you a line if they say that they can't. If you are using the SERT I believe that you can down load the stock map file, but it does not come with the tuner program disk. Call HD customer service.

XIED's- Please... They do not adjust any VE tables and only work in closed loop. Put the bike in open loop and you are using stock VE and AFR tables. They are great if all you do is ride on the hwy at a constant speed.

I saw someone say that they could not find the SERT? If you get a 2011 Screaming Eagle catalog (either from dealer or HD website) they are on page 29. Product # 32109-08B for the doggle. Still very much available.
Stock map comes with theSEPST 41000008 biggest hassle tho is only a dealer with a security token can reflash the ecm.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:35 PM
hellmut73
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
concerning Xied's I have read on the internet (so it must be true) that if you are running a cat you can have some issues with damage to the cat. True or not?
I don't know but it would make sense. Also if you are to add a tuner with at cat installed you might could have problems I would think. Anything that would enrich the AFR. Good question!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
I asked this same question before buying them for my 2010 RK. The answer was, they did testing and determined that enriching the afr to 13.8 would not hurt the cat.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:49 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One word

Bandaid.......

Old 11-24-2010, 09:08 PM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Off topic...a bit...

Originally Posted by teqsand
My dealer point blank told me the DL was a waste of money, he was not trying to sell me something different, just being honest.....all it does is raise the rev limit, and honestly how many of us really ride that close to the edge of the redline/
I saw your signature and want to commend you for being so proud of your children serving our great nation!

Live free, ride proud!

Cheers,

Dex

Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sanlyn
I had the Race Tuner for my Fat Bob ... now that I have the Road Glide, I can't find a Race Tuner, just the Street Tuner. Any idea how to find one? I've seen some used ones, but once they're "married" to the bike, they can't be used on another bike.

The part number for a SEPST is 32109-08B and the list price in the SE catalog is $459.95. I got this information out of a 2011 catalog that I picked up at the dealer.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ever look at a Thundermax A/T ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHWp37lsi9c

Old 11-24-2010, 10:47 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Teardrop
The part number for a SEPST is 32109-08B and the list price in the SE catalog is $459.95. I got this information out of a 2011 catalog that I picked up at the dealer.
I don't believe the (SEPST) Screaming Eagle performance street tuner is the same as the (SERT) Screaming Eagle Race tuner?

Old 11-24-2010, 10:50 PM
hedgehorn
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can. $200 out of your wallet and yer bike still dont run good. Get a PCV or have the dealer do the race tuner. You wont be happy with the D/L

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: can anyone explain the stage 1 dowload?