Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield pouch

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 07:31 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 314 Likes on 181 Posts

I use the HD Box style

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

MSRP is now $80.
It isn't as sleek looking as the others and it does scratch the windshield. But it will hold larger items than the 2 or 3 pouch organizers. I like it.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:46 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
I use the HD Box style. MSRP is now $80. It isn't as sleek looking as the others and it does scratch the windshield. But it will hold larger items than the 2 or 3 pouch organizers. I like it.
I agree. Bought mine for $40 about four years ago used from a forum member and it works well. Velcro lid makes access easy when riding.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read many posts about quality problems with the T-Bag pouch. I have the HD 3 pocket and it's been holding up great.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Marine Trader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine from ebay. I think I paid 40.00 for the 3 pouch HD pouch. You have to be patient.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:08 PM
eddiepoindexter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the two bag HD pouch on my FLHX. Quality is good, fitment is good, use it for my ciggs., lighter, and cell phone. Can't fit an Oakley, or RayBan case in them though.

Afraid it's going to scratch the crap out of the WS, which I see from the other posts, it's going to.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:03 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by wassup8687
I've read many posts about quality problems with the T-Bag pouch.
What are the problems?

Old 12-25-2010, 09:51 AM
BAGGERNATE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1flhtk4me
What are the problems?
I've had mine just over 2 yrs. After 6 mos it started to crack at the folds of the flaps across the edge piping or whatever you call it. They use some sort of vinyl or plastic to edge the flaps with. I called them and they were aware of the problem and they said it had been corrected (different material, still synthetic) They swapped mine out no problem. That was 1 1/2 yrs ago and no cracking so far. That may have been corrected. I also have heard they tend to scuff the inner farring where they sit. I used the fuzzy part of some velcro to pad that area, and no scuffing. Other than that I don't know of any other problems. I don't understand what mounting problems one poster in this thread said he had. He said he had to squash them down because he had a tweeter pod. I have a tweeter pod and no squashing was required, the pouch is securely mounted, and sits just like it was meant to.

Nate

PS It looks like your running about a 4" sheild, like I am. It's the only pouch that sits behind a 4" sheild without sticking up past the sheild.

Attached Thumbnails Windshield pouch-01-13-10_0459.jpg   Windshield pouch-01-13-10_0500.jpg   Windshield pouch-01-13-10_0502.jpg   Windshield pouch-01-13-10_0504.jpg  

Last edited by BAGGERNATE; 12-25-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: PS
Old 12-25-2010, 10:50 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Well after the majority said it was good,i just ordered one from Eastern Performance (Ebay) for $62.50 shipped.
It will sure come in handy!

Old 12-25-2010, 04:01 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by BAGGERNATE
I've had mine just over 2 yrs. After 6 mos it started to crack at the folds of the flaps across the edge piping or whatever you call it. They use some sort of vinyl or plastic to edge the flaps with. I called them and they were aware of the problem and they said it had been corrected (different material, still synthetic) They swapped mine out no problem. That was 1 1/2 yrs ago and no cracking so far. That may have been corrected. I also have heard they tend to scuff the inner farring where they sit. I used the fuzzy part of some velcro to pad that area, and no scuffing. Other than that I don't know of any other problems. I don't understand what mounting problems one poster in this thread said he had. He said he had to squash them down because he had a tweeter pod. I have a tweeter pod and no squashing was required, the pouch is securely mounted, and sits just like it was meant to. [/SIZE]
Bought mine due to your pictures. No way mine works with the tweeter pod without slamming it down and distorting the side bags. The backing piece that sandwiches between the windshield and the fairing isn't long enough to work any other way.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:26 PM
BAGGERNATE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '05Train
Bought mine due to your pictures. No way mine works with the tweeter pod without slamming it down and distorting the side bags. The backing piece that sandwiches between the windshield and the fairing isn't long enough to work any other way.

I don't know what to tell you, you can see by the pics, I do have a tweeter pod, (installed several mos before pouch) and I didn't need to squash them down to fit properly, and stay securely in place for 2 yrs now. I did see the pics you posted, and you did push them down destorting the side bags. Are you trying to bottom out the cutouts to where the windshield screws are? The backing piece doesn't have to bottom out to stay in place. I only said I didn't understand your particular mounting problem. Mine is mounted and stays in place without squashing. There may be something with your bike or pouch I don't understand. Mine is an '09 Ultra, I got the first bags (one that cracked) March of '09 so not quite 2 yrs ago Traded them out for the set I'm running now 6 mos later. Wasn't in any way trying to bash you or what you posted, I just didn't understand why you needed to mash yours down to make fit.

Nate

Quick Reply: Windshield pouch