Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beatty cam tools?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:10 AM
racerdave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beatty cam tools?

Is there a website? How do I reach this fella, is it Gary? Are there other equally as good tools for the removal and install of the inner cam bearings?

Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

by e-mail: beattygw@sbcglobal.net

Great guy to order from and the tool works great.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:36 AM
robvg
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

The tool works like a dream....Well worth the money

Old 03-01-2011, 10:54 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree that it is a quality tool and the price is right. I know of no other tool that is less-expensive or more effective, except the free-to-borrow Auto-Zone puller, which still leaves you with the task of installing the bearing. Some use one of the old cams to drive them in, but I wonder if that will insert it to the correct depth. I also can't see how you would know if the bearing was going in straight using this method, although once started it should go in correctly. Anyone know? The Beatty tool installs it at the right depth and orients it in a straight path. I thought it was worth the ~$90 and would do it again. You could also sell the tool on HTT, here, or Ebay for probably $50, so you wouldn't be out much money.

You can read a description and discussion of the Beatty tool here. You may need to register with HTT before you can read it.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:46 AM
wolf1340
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome tool. Great service. Fast shipping. Makes changing bearings an easy task. Bought it for my own cam swap. And, have been doing a few for friends. Paid for itself.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:04 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Free autozone pulller, and use a cam to drive the new ones in. Do one at a time and it's easy to get the depth right by looking at the other. They go in very easily with just a little lube on them. No need to spend the $90 on the tool unless you're gonna be doing cam changes every day.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered mine and he was VERY resopnsive and very nice to deal with. 93.00 shipped I think was the final price. I have never done a cam install before so having the right tool to do it correctly was the correct descision for me. I did not want to have to guess or use a socket and tap it in hoping I got it in correctly. No guess work. Use the tool and you are worrie free.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1...it's a great tool!!! He'll invoice through PayPal even.

-Dusty

Old 03-01-2011, 03:19 PM
2k2ss
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
Free autozone pulller, and use a cam to drive the new ones in. Do one at a time and it's easy to get the depth right by looking at the other. They go in very easily with just a little lube on them. No need to spend the $90 on the tool unless you're gonna be doing cam changes every day.
could you tell me more about the autozone puller so i could know what to ask for? is it just called an inner bearing puller? and what size? thanks

Old 03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2ss
could you tell me more about the autozone puller so i could know what to ask for? is it just called an inner bearing puller? and what size? thanks

They have free tool rental. You pay for the tool up front, and they refund your money when you return the tool. Ask for the "blind hole puller set".

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...ier=391362_0_0_

Quick Reply: Beatty cam tools?