Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally pulled the trigger on a new seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 10:11 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally pulled the trigger on a new seat

Well after about a year of research (hoping to avoid buying 5 seats until I find "the one"), I finally ordered a new seat for my 2010 Street Glide.

I ended up going with a Mustang Vintage Super Solo Seat with Backrest and the 11" detachable pillion.

I've been trying to find the "perfect blend" seat for a year. One that sits lower and a little back, but has a more comfortable back end for passengers without ruining the look of the bike. Something that looks good around town, but is still comfortable for all day rides and trips.

Corbin, C&C, and Mustang were all options. I ended up with the Mustang due to positive reviews, the "Super Solo" sits farther back than the "Solo", it has a nice passenger pad that can be quickly removed and keep a sleek look to the bike, and perhaps the biggest plus, I got what I think is a pretty good deal.

I ordered the Vintage Super Solo, 11" passenger pillion, sissy bar pad, and mounting nuts for $650 bucks through Dennis Kirk. It would have been $825 through Mustang (MSRP). Plus it gets free shipping and my close proximity to the warehouse means it will be here on Tuesday. So for the price, it's worth a try. Hopefully it's everything I want, but if it's not, I'll just return it and try again.

Thank you all for the input and great advice. I am really excited to get rid of the POS seat that the MOCO put on the 2010 Street Glides.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't go wrong with a Mustang.....I'm just waiting for the lowdown series too start showing up in vendors and I will be buying as well!

Love the solo Mustang I have on my VTX