Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drop Seat Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 08:00 PM
rochman
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
I am a short rider also and have seen these advertised... IF you are short and when sitting on the seat set up - how well can you see the road over the fairing???
Someone please answer this man , i am the 5' 5" guy just finding out about F.B.I.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:07 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

I'm 6 ft so I won't be able to help you, other than saying I love the kit!

The following users liked this post:
Dew Me (10-25-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 08:14 PM
rochman
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rochman
Someone please answer this man , i am the 5' 5" guy just finding out about F.B.I.
Chantalj in Montreal says we will be able to see just fine over the Fairing , Thanks for getting that out there .

Old 10-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I've been thinking about a drop seat kit for a couple years.
Was leaning towards the Bagger Werx kit but since I might also go with a 18" wheel at one point I guess I need to be looking at the FBI. I liked the extra half inch and the better price of Bagger Werx but it was more that they had gotten together with Yaffe to use his stretched tank with custom side panels.
If I go FBI I can use CamTech's kit which looks better but I would have rather had a steel tank than a fiberglass cover. I do like that FBI uses Danny Grey though as I will likely have them do an Airhawk for me.

Oh, and I'm not short. Plenty tall at 6 foot. I put 10" Monkey Bars b/c aesthetically I didn't wanna go above my batwing, but I do want my arms higher. By lowering the seat I can move my shoulders down and have the same effect.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:24 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dew Me
I've been thinking about a drop seat kit for a couple years.
Was leaning towards the Bagger Werx kit but since I might also go with a 18" wheel at one point I guess I need to be looking at the FBI. I liked the extra half inch and the better price of Bagger Werx but it was more that they had gotten together with Yaffe to use his stretched tank with custom side panels.
If I go FBI I can use CamTech's kit which looks better but I would have rather had a steel tank than a fiberglass cover. I do like that FBI uses Danny Grey though as I will likely have them do an Airhawk for me.

Oh, and I'm not short. Plenty tall at 6 foot. I put 10" Monkey Bars b/c aesthetically I didn't wanna go above my batwing, but I do want my arms higher. By lowering the seat I can move my shoulders down and have the same effect.
I have the FBI standard kit. I'm 6' also. I put 9" rise bars on the bike from KST. They custom made the bar for me with 9" rise and 10" pullback. All for only $200! Check with FBI on what wheels to use in back. They told me to stay with the same dia tire as stock or shorter. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
Dew Me (10-25-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 12:52 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

All you 6' gents please stop chiming in. You aren't adding anything. We get it. The kit is the schiznit for you.

Now for those of us like myself who are interested in the mod for practical reasons I did an experiment of sorts. I am 5'6" 30" inseam. If was looking at my bike and thought "3 inches is about the height of the seat". So I took the seat offand sat on the bare frame. My observation, yes I could reach the ground much better, but the angle to reach and operate the heel shifter was awkward to the point of not being functional. I just don't feel comfortable dropping that much coin on the hope that it works out. JMHO.

Old 10-26-2016, 11:42 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
All you 6' gents please stop chiming in. You aren't adding anything. We get it. The kit is the schiznit for you.

Now for those of us like myself who are interested in the mod for practical reasons I did an experiment of sorts. I am 5'6" 30" inseam. If was looking at my bike and thought "3 inches is about the height of the seat". So I took the seat offand sat on the bare frame. My observation, yes I could reach the ground much better, but the angle to reach and operate the heel shifter was awkward to the point of not being functional. I just don't feel comfortable dropping that much coin on the hope that it works out. JMHO.
Would be good to find someone that has it done and have a seat.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Slick71
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding Handlebars

I bought my 2011 Streetglide with the Bagger worx kit already on before I knew it was there. Seems the 3" it drops me makes the reach just over comfortable. Does anybody know if the Batwing reach handlebars from Harley make that big of a difference?

Old 06-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Slick71
I bought my 2011 Streetglide with the Bagger worx kit already on before I knew it was there. Seems the 3" it drops me makes the reach just over comfortable. Does anybody know if the Batwing reach handlebars from Harley make that big of a difference?
Congrats on the bike! My experience was I needed more pullback on the bars. The first set I went overboard with 16" pullback. Next bar had 10" pullback. Just about an inch short, lol. I think the bars you are talking about will help, not sure if it'll help enough or not. My guess is it will. how about pics of the bike?

Old 06-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by gregeinsc

This is an interesting point I hadn't thought of. It could change shifting angle in a way that is less comfortable or even awkward....

Quick Reply: Drop Seat Kit!