Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Brake Line(s)....Confused

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 04:56 PM
OutdoorJoe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Brake Line(s)....Confused

So I am installing 12" MBB and want to make sure I am ordering the correct parts the first time. Am I correct in the understanding that when I order the new brake lines I will actually be ordering 2 different brake lines. The LOWER brake line (which is the same length as stock) and the UPPER brake line (this is were I will need to get the + sized line)? I thought I had it all figured out and went to the stealer to order my stuff and they decided to confuse the crud out of me. This is what I think I need to order, any help would be great....Thanks in advance

2010 FLHX (non-abs)
12" MBB
+8 clutch cable
+8 Upper brake line
Stock Size Lower brake line
Only going to extend wires if I feel it is neccessary once I dig into the project.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,597 Likes on 3,081 Posts

You are correct, the lower lines won't change. The upper line needs to be extended. I guess-timated my length by using a rubber hose, seeing how the line would run, then measuring how much longer my hose was vs the old stock upper. ( And yeah, I think you'll need wires too.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Standard
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think +6 on brake and +8 on clutch is what others doing MMBs are going with. You can route the wires under radio without extensions. Not sure about TBW configuration lengths. Dealers are often confusing. I got everything at a great price from Dr. Vtwin. Called three times before ordering and each time the person was knowledgeable about the entire process.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:12 PM
OutdoorJoe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies...Serves me right for going to the stealer and not just ordering on my own. Wont make that mistake twice!

Reading other posts I did see that most are using the +6 brake line. To opt on the side of caution if I go with the +8 will I have issues with routing if I have to much extra line?