Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle 113 Problems HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 04:29 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd venture to say (I know it's really stepping out on a limb) it's human error on the build, not the parts. The OP just hasn't admitted to it yet. Anyone know the last time he checked in?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:19 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default question a couple of post back

some one wrote that the rocker boxes may not be cleared. I waiting for my mva heads to come in this week and have 255 cams. Am I looking for a clearance problem in the rocker boxes or is that only with really high lift cams. I have 255 and 103 kit I put on last year . I didnt have any problems after my build ,I did all the work. had cold cranking pressure of 197 in both cylinders. Didnt dyno it until the engine is finished hoepfully this week. have new power duels and monster rounds to go on too. I have set of adjustable push rods to with the build.,
where the heck is the guy that started this post.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:50 PM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you wont have any problems with the 255 cams being that they are a not a high lift cam. be sure to let us know how that combo works, my first instinct says that the MVA heads with the 255 cams are a waste of money. the 255's dont have a profile that will take advantage of the flow the head can produce. one thing to remember is that every part must be matched to take advantage of each other. good luck on your build

Old 04-23-2011, 08:05 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SE120RG
you wont have any problems with the 255 cams being that they are a not a high lift cam. be sure to let us know how that combo works, my first instinct says that the MVA heads with the 255 cams are a waste of money. the 255's dont have a profile that will take advantage of the flow the head can produce. one thing to remember is that every part must be matched to take advantage of each other. good luck on your build
+1 I don't think the MVA heads will help much with the 255's but I'm no expert. The lift of the 255's is about all the stock heads can handle with .550 and i think the stock heads can only go up to .565 lift so thats pushing the stock heaf limits IMO but the way that I understand that they work so well on a stock compression 96" motors is simply because the intake valve closes so quickly building more cylinder pressure. Worked heads might help some but I can't seeing it being cost effective to have stock heads worked over to help the 255's unless they are already off, much less the cost of the MVA heads. As a matter of fact, I would think you may even lose power with the MVA's and 255's combo because I think the MVA's have a larger combustion chamber which I would think would kill the advantage of the early intake close. Again, I'm no expert and I'm curious to see what happens with the combo.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Default see what happens

I Dont any dyno data to compare it to before and after.I mainly wanted better heads and auto decompession releases. getting tired of pushing the dam buttons down and they are starting to stick all the time. the 110+ may have worked just as well. a couple hundred bucks more for mva and i can always change cams in future.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

If you bought new heads just for acr's, all you had to do was pull your heads and have them installed. Your wiring harness should be ready to just plug them in. Of course you probably new that or you would have bought heads equipped with them. How much $ would you take for your heads you aren't using anymore?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:29 PM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2009blackpearle
I Dont any dyno data to compare it to before and after.I mainly wanted better heads and auto decompession releases. getting tired of pushing the dam buttons down and they are starting to stick all the time. the 110+ may have worked just as well. a couple hundred bucks more for mva and i can always change cams in future.
i hope you understand that the mva heads have a different sized combustion chamber than the heads you have and require a different piston.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:29 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Both the MVA and the 110+ heads need pop up pistons to work, other wise you will be around 9-1 compression. And it will be soofffffft down low.

Last edited by qtrracer; 04-23-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Default great now what

I did look at the chart and saw the flat tops didnt have a high comp ratio. guess ill look at the 10.5:1 pistons see what they cost.at this point I'm starting to run out of money wonder if rings are included in the cost. the bike doesnt have wiring installed for acrs. I bought a harness and what a pain in the capital A hooking these things up. I figured there would just be a plug to take a dummy plug out of and just plug it in a and enable them with my race tuner. no dummy plugs you have to pull your fuse box off. move pins 3a to 3e them pull pin 3b move it to 3f.
then pull pin 4a which is fuel pump and move it up to 3a. take new harness and plug one lead into 3b and the other into 4a. then you have to pull the plug that goes into the ecm and add a new pin to the plug in the 19 spot which Im guessing fires the acrs when you push the start button.
SE Forged Stroker Pistons for CVO ™ 110, SE 110+,
CNC Ported MVA or ACR Performance Heads P/N 22137-08B
not sure I would want the 11:1 its hard enough to start now with the 255 cams even with my manual decompression releases

Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

I did look at the chart and saw the flat tops didnt have a high comp ratio. guess ill look at the 10.5:1 pistons see what they cost.at this point I'm starting to run out of money wonder if rings are included in the cost. the bike doesnt have wiring installed for acrs. I bought a harness and what a pain in the capital A hooking these things up. I figured there would just be a plug to take a dummy plug out of and just plug it in a and enable them with my race tuner. no dummy plugs you have to pull your fuse box off. move pins 3a to 3e them pull pin 3b move it to 3f.
then pull pin 4a which is fuel pump and move it up to 3a. take new harness and plug one lead into 3b and the other into 4a. then you have to pull the plug that goes into the ecm and add a new pin to the plug in the 19 spot which Im guessing fires the acrs when you push the start button.
SE Forged Stroker Pistons for CVO ™ 110, SE 110+,
CNC Ported MVA or ACR Performance Heads P/N 22137-08B
not sure I would want the 11:1 its hard enough to start now with the 255 cams even with my manual decompression releases
I have the 10.5 SE pistons for the 110+ MVA heads(22137-08a old style rings not the sst style) and .030 Head gaskets and ACR's with a 42 intake close cam(190 psi ccp), she spins right up and starts beautifully hot or cold and really is very fun to ride.

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle 113 Problems HELP!!!!