Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 stage 4 problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:31 PM
gliding10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 103 stage 4 problems!!!

Heard a noise the other day coming from my 2010 street glide. Sounded like a valve tap. luckily my father in law builds high performance motors and stopped by to check it out for me. Well the not so lucky part is I'm losing compression from my rear cyclinder and its pushing it threw the screaming eagle big breather. Not good! Might be a possible bent valve or something else. Gets better, the bike only has 3200 miles on it and talked to the local dealer figuring it would be warranteed. Well thanks to the ******** from Mill's Harley Davidson that are no longer open they forgot to tell me that its a race application and there is no warranty on the 103 stage 4 kit. I know I should have researched it before I bought the kit but when the head tech is telling you its covered and your purchasing a new bike at the time, I guess I had a brain fart and should have researched it for myself. So I just had to vent and get my frustration out. I called harley davidson customer service and they informed me that I got fu_ked and there was nothing to do. So word of warning do your reasearch when buying screaming eagle **** cause i know i will never buy any screaming eagle **** again. I would rather invest in a S@S kit and take my chances!

Old 06-22-2011, 07:07 PM
oldwildwally
Tourer

Check your push rod adjustment and then check comp again ....just on the wild chance that the valve is being held open and you have to take apart the pushrods anyway to tear it down so it's not that much xtra labour....

I don't believe anyone any more even if I do get it in writing ...waiting over 2 weeks now for 1500$ in customers parts that the company I ordered from took the order(and the money ) when they didn't even have the parts in stock .............

Last edited by oldwildwally; 06-22-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:27 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gliding10
Heard a noise the other day coming from my 2010 street glide. Sounded like a valve tap. luckily my father in law builds high performance motors and stopped by to check it out for me. Well the not so lucky part is I'm losing compression from my rear cyclinder and its pushing it threw the screaming eagle big breather. Not good! Might be a possible bent valve or something else. Gets better, the bike only has 3200 miles on it and talked to the local dealer figuring it would be warranteed. Well thanks to the ******** from Mill's Harley Davidson that are no longer open they forgot to tell me that its a race application and there is no warranty on the 103 stage 4 kit.
Its not just Mills who do this. My dealer was all set to fit a 113 kit and said it would be under warranty. When I asked for it in writing they then changed their tune and told me it was for race use only. I watch a fair bit of bike racing and I dont see many road kings out on the track.

Thats why my bike has an S&S motor. 1 year unlimited km warranty.

Dunno why people buy 120R motors, or anything beyond STG 2 in SE??

Last edited by kingkingking; 06-23-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:44 AM
gliding10
Cruiser

Thank oldwildwally I will do that and Kingkingking its true they will tell you whatever they have to to sell the kits. They harley customer service rep was saying that all these dealers do this **** all the time and they have to call them up and say listen u have to eat this cause u telling customers its warranteed. just found all my paper work when i had it installed and I had 950 miles on my bike and now I have little over 3200 miles. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth thou harley customer service won't even make right with me and throw me a bone or something. planning on tearing the bike apart in a few days and I will update. thanks fellas safe riding

Old 06-26-2011, 09:08 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by gliding10
Heard a noise the other day coming from my 2010 street glide. Sounded like a valve tap. luckily my father in law builds high performance motors and stopped by to check it out for me. Well the not so lucky part is I'm losing compression from my rear cyclinder and its pushing it threw the screaming eagle big breather. Not good! Might be a possible bent valve or something else. Gets better, the bike only has 3200 miles on it and talked to the local dealer figuring it would be warranteed. Well thanks to the ******** from Mill's Harley Davidson that are no longer open they forgot to tell me that its a race application and there is no warranty on the 103 stage 4 kit. I know I should have researched it before I bought the kit but when the head tech is telling you its covered and your purchasing a new bike at the time, I guess I had a brain fart and should have researched it for myself. So I just had to vent and get my frustration out. I called harley davidson customer service and they informed me that I got fu_ked and there was nothing to do. So word of warning do your reasearch when buying screaming eagle **** cause i know i will never buy any screaming eagle **** again. I would rather invest in a S@S kit and take my chances!
Check you pushrods before you do anything, the adjusters might have come loose, 2 minute fix!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:59 AM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default my pushrod nuts split

those pushrod nuts are way to fragile one of mine split and one broke while I was adjusting them. glad it happened before I was done and not while I was driving it.
they are 1/2 wrench they are actually 3/8-24 nuts. I got a 3/8-24 industrial nut which was a bit longer than the se skinny nut and ground the corners off for a bit of clearance in the pushrod cover area. worked fine.

Attached Thumbnails 103 stage 4 problems!!!-pushnut-1.jpg   103 stage 4 problems!!!-pushnut-2.jpg   103 stage 4 problems!!!-pushnut-3.jpg