Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Power Duals vs Dresser Duals....any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:36 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default V&H Power Duals vs Dresser Duals....any advice?

Hey everyone,

I am wanting to put an exhaust on my '11 RGU. Currently the bike is completely stock and I am only looking to do a stage 1 kit and maybe a cam later on down the road. I want to run the Vance and Hines HO Slip ons. I heard them last year in Sturgis and really liked their sound. I had power duals on my last bike but am wondering which header pipe would likely be the better set up for me? Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:49 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Go with the one you like to look at. Unless you are one of the braggers that spew their dyno numbers all the time the difference is minimal really. You won't feel the difference and you will like the look. I have Dresser Duals and the little "dip" in my dyno sheet bothers me NOT!And I am happy with the look.

Mark

Old 06-25-2011, 03:53 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior

from what I've read I think I agree with you. I had power duals on my last bike and they were fine but it sounds like the dresser duals do a better job of heat management(based on what I have read). I think I will likely try a dresser dual on this bike. I don't have any "Big" engine plans for this bike.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:42 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had Dresser Duals on my King and have Power Duals on my Glide Ultra. The differences are mainly aesthetic.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:45 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP
Go with the one you like to look at. Unless you are one of the braggers that spew their dyno numbers all the time the difference is minimal really. You won't feel the difference and you will like the look. I have Dresser Duals and the little "dip" in my dyno sheet bothers me NOT!And I am happy with the look.

Mark
What he said. At stg 1 and 2 the difference isnt significant, so go with what you like the look of, and the sound of. The PDs do change the sound, some like it, some dont.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:07 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to try the dresser duals for something a little different this time.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Tek74
Tourer

Good choice on the Dresser Duals.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:17 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

i went with the power duals. i think the power duals produce a deeper lower tone compared to the true duals my buddy has..just mt 2cents...

Old 06-26-2011, 03:46 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dresser Duals for me.

Personally there is just no comparison to the sound of true duals. Gotta love that stereophonic effect in the exhaust note.

As for the power issue, its minimal and not noticeable except on paper.

I have a couple of friends that like their power duals, but they are horsepower junkies and would run anything that they thought helped horsepower.

Just run the one that appeals to you, I just prefer the Dresser Duals.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior

well I've decided on the Dresser duals and HO Slip on's. Just now gotta figure out which autotuner to go with. I've been reading alot about Rev Performance based on a recommendation from a vendor on this board. I'm going to make a couple of calls tomorrow and hopefully get it all ordered tomorrow. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: V&H Power Duals vs Dresser Duals....any advice?