Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini - Cool bars but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:31 PM
freeboy
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Carlini - Cool bars but...

Just talked to a salesman at Carlini about a set of Ganster Apes (the coolest apes by far in my opionion). Asked if they came with there logo attached. The answer was yes and that they would not ship a set without the label applied with "very strong adhesive". I told him I would buy a set now if it would come without this. The answer was "we are not allowed to send them out that way". I'm sure this is not a franchised company with a corperate headquarters that has made this "rule". I am surprised that they wouldnt sell it to me, because if they did I would tell more people what they were than would ever see their label.

Tried to get a custom bar maker to make me a set of bars somewhat simialar to the Gangsters but was told that Carnili owned the patent of the "bends" in the bar. I guess you can patent anything. Bar maker said that Carnili will take people to court for making a bar with those bends and he can't afford to go to court and fight it. He is waiting for a bigger outfit with deeper pockets to challenge it.

I am glad to know that the custom bar maker has the integrity not to try and copy a patent even though selfishly I wish he would. If only I could buy a set without having to advertise for them. I know I can try to remove the label, but scared about messing up chrome. And I also know that Harleys come with labels all over the place, but I am not dealing with the manufacturer directly in that purchase.

I still want these bars and if anyone has removed the label let me know how it went, and I will buy them. I know this seems a little silly but its the principal to me.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 157 Posts

The Carlini bars I have seen actually had their logo engraved into the bars. Don't remember seeing a sticker/label.

Zach

Old 06-27-2011, 04:39 PM
freeboy
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Even worse

Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine was a small oval metal logo that was riveted into the bars. not ugly, and barely noticeable.

just buy them and ride. i loved my gangster apes. i almost bought them for my SG, but liked the monkey bars better

Old 06-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hardly worth this entire thread, buy the bars, put them on and quit worrying about a little tag that is hardly noticeable.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:45 PM
deezee
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally get why Freeboy doesn't want to advertise for carlini......it's not like they're paying us to advertise  get the bars, grind down the carlini badge, then put a custom "f@ck Carlini" badge over it.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Kenzo
Cruiser

I've got Carlini Gansta 18" apes on my bike and dig em. It was only recently when I was wiping down the bike that I even noticed the small Carlini tag on it. It's nothing and essentially covered over by the cables.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

you dont have to grind anything, there are no rivets, they are stuck on, pull it off, clean off the sticky goo and your done, its a non issue. I can wiggle that name plate around on a warm day, it would come off easily.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:15 AM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How is having a manufacturers ID or label on a product advertising?

Old 06-28-2011, 12:17 PM
spacekowboy
Tourer

Take a heat gun or hairdryer to the logo and be done with it.
Nash makes some kinda like the gangsta's.

Attached Thumbnails Carlini - Cool bars but...-pudgy.jpg   Carlini - Cool bars but...-grit.jpg  

Quick Reply: Carlini - Cool bars but...