Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98"Big Bore

Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
ElectraHead
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 98"Big Bore

Hey guy's, looking for some advise/input on 98 inch big bore kits for my 88ci.I am by no means a full time wrench but pretty confident with the manual and a all parts included kit I can do this. Does anyone here no anything about the revolution performance kits? OR have any recommendations on another kit that may be offered out there? Also will it be a big benefit to get some head work done?

Old 06-29-2011, 03:43 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,489 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraHead
Hey guy's, looking for some advise/input on 98 inch big bore kits for my 88ci.I am by no means a full time wrench but pretty confident with the manual and a all parts included kit I can do this. Does anyone here no anything about the revolution performance kits? OR have any recommendations on another kit that may be offered out there? Also will it be a big benefit to get some head work done?
Not knocking the kits; you pays your money and takes your chances. I would suggest that you consider sending cylinders out for boring to fit a set of 3.932" pistons. Any competent mahcine shop that does torque plate boring/honing can do it but you will need to provide them with the pistons. Hillside Cycles, a forum sponsor, does that every day and has a Wiseco piston for their package.

Headwork is a definite benefit but if headwork is in the plan, a cam upgrade should be part of the plan as well. Many head porters to choose from but a basic velocity port/blueprint is all you need to make a big difference. Choose a cam that will work well with stock valves and springs and you will save some $$$.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

Ask this question in the engine/fuel/intake/exhaust
section or the forum

Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 PM
racerx1
Cruiser

I just put in the Hillside 98ci kit this summer on my 06SG. Included bored cylinders, pistons, worked heads, gasket kit, and cams. I also upgraded to the SE hydraulic tensioner kit with the upgraded fuel pump right away. I could tell the difference immediately and I'm only running a premade PCIII map from FuelMoto right now. I expect even more once I get a chance to put it on the dyno. Runs good and strong all the way through the rev range.

Did the work myself over about 3 afternoons. Biggest pain in the rear was getting the stupid throttle body back on. The rest was pretty straight forward following the shop manual.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 PM
ernster500
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out GMR Performance in Prescott, AZ. Steve is a top notch builder and has the kits you need ready to go for the do-it-yourselfer....

Old 06-29-2011, 10:59 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

I got someone to do mine after a bud had so much trouble doing his. He is more mechanically incline than me.

I did a 95" Kit.... SE Jugs and pistons, Andrews 37G Cam, Port, polish, and bore job, tuner, kept my SE II slip on pipes. HP 100 Tq 106

Port, bore, polish is the finishing touches to any build to get good power. SE Jugs and Pistons were the cheapest and best quality. I could have paid more but would not have been better per my wrench. Gear drive Andrews 37G Cam works great. Dont do burn outs and you will like it. Like anything you race you tear up stuff. My TQ and HP dyno doesnt really show a curve. It looks more like a rocket going straight up to max HP and TQ.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:18 PM
ElectraHead
Intermediate

thanks guys. good feed back. i will for sure check out those 2 kits