Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would YOU do???

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Drop $1K on intake, tuner & exhaust...bank the rest for later, or use to take a nice trek smewhere. Shouldn't be a need to sink $3K into new bike right out the gate.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:56 PM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
If I had your bike and your $3,000 I would spend it on a road trip involving hookers, drugs, and alcohol. If there was any left I would waste it....

Then, if the bike was still running and in one piece I would return it to you, if not I would text you as to where you could pick it up.....

And the winner is..........

Old 07-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Fast Aire
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cams, p-rods, dual pipes, EFI tuner, a good dyno tune, comfort seat, hand grips....

And of course.... a Fast Aire Aero Windshield

Old 07-18-2011, 06:25 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

biker babes...booze...food....open road...biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....biker babes...booze...food....open road....

Old 07-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Street Glide McVinny
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I'm happy with my 2011 SG's performance (for now). But if I had 3 grand to spend, I'd get the tuner and intake. Any money left over would go to backrest, highway pegs, and speaker upgrades. Internal engine work needs to be done in a way, so as not to void the warranty. So ride the **** out of it until the warranty is out and then you can either trade up to a 110 cvo or save your pennies for the internal upgrades.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:00 PM
jpglide
Cruiser

Sounds about right to me. Maybe bars and a windshield - depending on whether you have buffeting/comfort issues. PM grips, Bright *** tail light and an internal antenna would be high on my list too...

PC V
stage 1 or heavy breather intake
fuel moto head pipe or gutting the stock one
These 3 are definitely on the list

Probably also do
passenger boards and highway pegs
Seat upgrade of some sort (thinking about the Lepera Villain)
Floorboard extensions
speaker upgrade (boom audio or something else)
and either try and find a tourpak or a luggage rack for my big T-bag

Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

255 cam,tune,intake, upgrade speakers to 7.25 rockers w amp. Replace stock shocks.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Drop $1K on intake, tuner & exhaust...bank the rest for later, or use to take a nice trek smewhere. Shouldn't be a need to sink $3K into new bike right out the gate.
Yup I agree intake, tuner and exhaust and set up for 2 up if you have to. Then slow down and evaluate and give it a little time. Speaking for myself I have got all ramped up and bought stuff to quickly only to change my mind on style, brand or whatever etc.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:16 PM
rusty pompano
Tourer

Originally Posted by Iceman24
I AGREE WITH THIS PERSON you can get that stuff from fuel moto install it your self and take a nice road trip with the balance of the money

Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
TCannon22
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gliden
255 cam,tune,intake, upgrade speakers to 7.25 rockers w amp. Replace stock shocks.
Shocks...
See, there is something I didn't even consider, which is dumb because this bike does seem to ride harsher than my Fatboy. I've played with the air adjustment a ton and can not seem to find that perfect setting.

I've really kicked around the idea of a cam swap, and it's by no means out of the question, but I'm honestly pretty happy with the performance of the 103".. especially after getting off a stock 88" fatboy.

My main goal is get rid of the heat of the cat, get more of that "harley" sound I've been missing, improve comfort, and lastly add a little more style if possible.

My buddy has a set of the boom audio speakers in his 07 SG, and I'm honestly pretty impressed by them. I can actually hear his stereo over mine on the highway when I pull up next to him.

Quick Reply: What would YOU do???