Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would YOU do???

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:28 PM
TCannon22
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rusty pompano
I AGREE WITH THIS PERSON you can get that stuff from fuel moto install it your self and take a nice road trip with the balance of the money
Jamie will definitely be hearing from me in the not so distant future.
I've got access to a fab shop, so gutting the stock head pipe is no issue at all, but I'm wanting to see if he has any input as to pro's and con's compared to his head pipe.
I will most likely have him put me together a package to cover the intake, head pipe, and pre mapped tuner and see where I am after that.
Still very tempting to have him toss in a set of TW-555's though..

Old 07-18-2011, 07:46 PM
rusty pompano
Tourer

i havent pulled the trigger yet but i think for my 2010 roadking it was about 1200 dont quote me it was a couple of months ago........ pipes header pc v and air cleaner just pick up the phone he will tell you right then and there

Old 07-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
If I had your bike and your $3,000 I would spend it on a road trip involving hookers, drugs, and alcohol. If there was any left I would waste it....

Then, if the bike was still running and in one piece I would return it to you, if not I would text you as to where you could pick it up.....
Now that is frigg'n hilarious.....

Old 07-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
If I had your bike and your $3,000 I would spend it on a road trip involving hookers, drugs, and alcohol. If there was any left I would waste it....
You just can't beat layovers in Amsterdam!

Seat and Handlebars was excellent advice. But I sure read many threads about a lot of happy riders who've had Fuel Moto do that 107" job.

So, if you and Sefferdog got any left when you get back from A-Dam that's what I'd do!

Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 PM
TCannon22
Tourer

Just sent Jamie an email asking about possible combinations and package prices ranging from a simple stage 1 A/C and PC V and using a stock gutted head pipe, to using one of their head pipes with the stage 1 A/C and PC V along with some TW-555 cams. We'll see how that goes on prices.. LOL

At this point, I'm really not too upset about the stock seat on the 2011 SG. Maybe logging almost 20K miles on a stock seat on a Fatboy makes that SG seat feel good to my backside.. who knows? Either way, I have been considering getting a sundowner if I end up with a tour pak, or a Lepera Villain if I end up just getting a luggage rack. I haven't really been able to find too much as far as reviews go on the Villain, but I think it is a very nice looking saddle.

As far as bars go, again, I'm not too unhappy with the stockers, but the Fatboy had 16" apes on it, and those were getting a little tiring. What bars out there offer a little more comfort and still use all the stock wiring and cable/lines?
I'm 6', 220 lbs, if that matters.

I'll wait to hear back from Jamie and find out which way I want to go with that, but dumping that ridiculously hot, sound choking cat, is #1 on my list. After that, It might just be hookers and alcohol..

Old 07-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man

So, if you and Sefferdog got any left when you get back from A-Dam that's what I'd do!
I can assure you, if I have 3 grand of someone else's money, there won't be any leftovers, lol!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TCannon22

I'll wait to hear back from Jamie and find out which way I want to go with that, but dumping that ridiculously hot, sound choking cat, is #1 on my list. After that, It might just be hookers and alcohol..
Just remember, I had the original idea, so throw a brother a bone and include me if you decide to spend it as I suggested!!!

On a more serious note, I am with you about the seat. I don't mind the stocker. In fact, I wore out my first one on my current Ultra at about 100,000 miles i guess, and got another from a forum member for a very good deal. It had been to Mean City Cycles for the memory foam upgrade and made it that much nicer. That is the beauty of liking a stock seat, there are plenty of them around, cheap!!