Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New harley ridder need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:50 PM
absolutetranz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New harley ridder need advice

thanks for getting back on that swing arm, got a couple of people working on it for me. as far as fitment.. i will give feed back as soon *** i get it, im new to this harley game but i do attend to get with it. ive been on the jap bikes since very young, now trying to chill and have a nice bike with some value!!!! i have a lot of stuff to do with this harley, 1st i had to tackle the look, its already nice but needed a meaner look, i thought the road glide wheels would set it off, i already had them custom painted, to find out the rear won't fit, thats what you get when you listen to someone and not doing your home work, well ok they got me! now hopefully i got you guys, all you in the fourm who have ,fast bikes, good looking bikes,and most important those of you, who actually ride your bike.. i need all of you, help me get on board and get my damn bike together.... ill give just a small list, #2 power, im just coming off a zx10, 999cc... now i have an 88, lol. ok, ok, so should i do 95 or 110, i dont ride fast all the time but im into larger woman so id need to pull them around, #3 exhaust need her to breathe, i like the 2 into 1... need advice on evrything, hopefully i set a spark to you guys, dont be shy step up, and lets see what you got...

Old 08-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Fast Aire
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When asking for advice... Always state the year, model & any modifications that have been done so all the folks here will know what you have & what is the correct info to give you.

If you have a 88 incher so that means you have a 2006 or earlier model. Doing a 95 kit is good & not that expensive... taking an 88 to 110 is expensive !

If your on a touring bike & hauling around some weight then going with a motor set up that produces low-mid range torque is usually more valued than just HP numbers.

There are so many combinations for your 88 that Ill let the others that have a 95 chime in on the specific motor mods

Old 08-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New harley ridder need advice

Exactly which harley is it you are getting rid of?

Shakey

Old 08-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

If you want good reliable power, and want to use Harley Screaming eagle stuff, 204 cams 95" motor, and an SE tuner with Vance N Hines monster rounds.
That is what I have # in my sig .

Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 PM
absolutetranz
6th Gear

the bike is a 2002 ultra classic. no mods, just factory.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:12 PM
brunosrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
"New harley ridder need advice"

Exactly which harley is it you are getting rid of?

Shakey
Right on . . . Shakey

When posts are riddled with ambiguities, combined with spelling and punctuation errors, I usually just ignore them and move on. Couldn't let this one go, had a bad day, so I'm being a dick. Flame on if you must!! Tomorrow is a new day!!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 PM
eazyduzzit
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

all you in the fourm who have ,fast bikes,
Not many fast bikes here. Most of the folks on this forum ride Harleys.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:48 PM
slickrick_58
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the type of riding you will be doing for thrills, I would reccomend the 100mm big bore kit from Revolution Performance. It takes it out to 98" and the cylinders are all aluminum except for the nikasil coating. If your a gearhead you know that the rest of the world has been using nikasil since the late '70s. You cannot wear it out. It will be pricey but there have been issues with 95" sleeves coming loose from the heat generated by very aggressive riding coupled with stage II mods. Oh, by the way, when you start modifying one of these beasts, it gets good to you and the next thing you know, you'll have dropped way more coin than you intended, so fast, it'll make your head spin. Have fun!

Old 08-25-2011, 10:55 PM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master

How big do you like your women?

Old 08-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Bleachey
Tourer

Don't think you need more power right away. With me and the old lady on my 80" evo I've got over 500 lbs of beef on the bike. I keep up with my buddy who's dumped thousands into is 2010 street glide, new cams, exhaust, air breather and we keep up with him until we hit 60, and he's riding solo. I cruise around 70-75 on the highway turning 2800 rpm and still have plenty of power left to jump to 85-90 in a hurry when i need it. I would focus on CHROME and give it time to decide if you need more power. A friend once told me that owning a Harley means you don't care how fast you get there, but how good you look when you get there!!!!

Quick Reply: New harley ridder need advice