Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Stand

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:32 AM
FLHTK
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Center Stand

Anyone using the HD center stand ? Are they a pain to install? How do you find putting your bike up on the stand, hard/easy?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:36 AM
2010 Raffel Road King
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed my HD centerstand. Easy to do. It's adjustable so you can decide just how far you want the back wheel off the ground. I use mine all the time especially when she's parkied in the garage.

I also use it when filling up with gas. Keeps my Road Kinf straight up and down and let's me get off the bike to stretch!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:38 AM
ReidRik_Von
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Can you deploy the center stand while seated or with the HD style do you need to get off of the and use your right foot?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:43 AM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EZ Up Center stand...easier to get on it than the HD and drive right off.

http://www.wheeldock.com/prod_EZ.shtml

Old 09-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,825 Likes on 18,579 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTK
Anyone using the HD center stand ? Are they a pain to install? How do you find putting your bike up on the stand, hard/easy?
You should look at the Wheeldock EZ-Up stand. It is, by far the easiest to install ( took ten minutes literally ) and to use center stand on the market in my estimation and I've been riding for over 45 years. Check out their site. Do a search of the Forum and you will get a lot of positive feedback. I had the HD Stand and it was very difficult to use, it rattled on the stock exhaust also. I'm 6'2" and 260 lbs ... my better half, well lets just say she's better than half! I can sit on the bike with her on the back seated and put the bike ( a 2009 FLHTCU ) up on the stand while I'm seated with minimal effort. I can also load the bike on the stand, have the ol' girl hop on, get comfy, then pop the bike in gear and ride away. Here's a link to their site. I would highly reccommend their stand. Good Luck.
http://www.wheeldock.com/prod_EZ.shtml

Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Ouroboros
Cruiser

I had one for my 10 Ultra Limited. The right side leg rested on the exhaust pipe and would not allow it to retract fully. I could screw the adjustable legs in but then the stand would not work. Not a well thought out design. I Returned it.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Route66rider
Tourer

When I purchased my used '05 Ultra Classic it had a stand mounted on the front. At 180 pounds and mid 60s I have found it to be a bit difficult to use unless the bike is slightly uphill in the front. If the bike is pointed downhill at all I just don't have the strength to push it back on the stand. The trans also has to be in neutral, just pulling on the clutch is not enough for me.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

I have the Wheeldock EZ up and really like it. It was easy to install and I can easily put it on the stand while seated on the bike. It's on an 02 RK.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:30 PM
27freethrows
Advanced

I looked at the Harley stand but wasn't happy that it could not be used while on the bike. You have to get off and pull the bike up by standing beside it.
I ended up going with the EZ linked above because it can be used while standing on the bike. A quick search on this site brought up a TON of good reviews.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:45 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts

Originally Posted by Route66rider
When I purchased my used '05 Ultra Classic it had a stand mounted on the front. At 180 pounds and mid 60s I have found it to be a bit difficult to use unless the bike is slightly uphill in the front. If the bike is pointed downhill at all I just don't have the strength to push it back on the stand. The trans also has to be in neutral, just pulling on the clutch is not enough for me.
It's known as a display stand, I have one on my Glide. It is not intended to lift a wheel off the ground and only works on a level surface, but I love it. Works fine for most occasions and the feet can be adjusted so it is easy to use. Also helps servicing at home, to keep the bike upright. Does everything I want of it except help me get a wheel out of the bike, but I have a lift for that.

Quick Reply: Center Stand