Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decent reasonably priced bike jack?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,376 Likes on 2,625 Posts

Originally Posted by CT-Bagger
Don't screw around with a POS jack for your $20K bike.
J&S is the ONLY jack.
+1

Old 10-16-2011, 09:44 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah yeah 20k bike on a cheap HF jack...blah...blah...blah Someone please lead me to the threads that state a 20k bike fell off a HF or craftsman jack.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had an OC Stinger and the Craftsman red one, and both bottles took a crap on me. I liked em both but wished they lifted higher than 18''. Problem is you can't get replacement bottles for them. And if you take them to a hydraulic shop and get the seals rebuilt you can buy a new jack for the same price (not a Pitbull tho)! Both only lasted a year or two til the seals crapped out on me. Never needed straps for either of them.
And the next jack I get will prolly be a harbor frieight. I can't see spending six or seven hundred bux on a jack that a $75 dollar one does just as well.

Last edited by Harleydaddy; 10-16-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ditto on the Yellow!!

Old 10-16-2011, 10:08 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
yeah yeah 20k bike on a cheap HF jack...blah...blah...blah Someone please lead me to the threads that state a 20k bike fell off a HF or craftsman jack.
Those are the ones that believe that if you take a shower while it's lightening you will get struck, Show me some news clips of them as well!! Never heard of it happening to anyone!!

Old 10-16-2011, 10:34 PM
riden2low
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the yellow jack and almost lost my bike on the damn thing. You guys who own the yellow, check that bottom plate where the safety latch arms catch on. It is stamped metal and found one side smashed. Modified by building the catch areas with a mig welder. Now the safety arms has some thing to grab. Got a Pitbull now, 10 times the jack but a lot heavier than the yellow

Old 10-16-2011, 11:20 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
It's the same receipe to anything in life:
Junk in = junk out.
Cheap people are a real joke in life.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:23 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

Originally Posted by hockey8787
Ditto on the Yellow!!
There is something else that's yellow.
I see it in the urinal all the time.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

I have both the HF P/N 99887 High Lift and the one folks on this thread are calling the Yellow Jack P/N 2792. IMHO both work well for their intended use. However . . . anytime your bike is more than a few inches off the ground you want to be very sure that the jack is stable and the bike is secured really well to the jack. That said, you do want to watch the rubber strips that are used on the HF Jacks to protect the frame of the bike where the jack contacts the bike. These rubber strips are glued on with weatherstrip cement. This cement can soften and allow the bike to move around in a less than confidence inspiring way, when exposed to high temperatures . . . such as if/when you put a bike that has been running recently or is running while you have it on the jack.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:07 AM
fishbust
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I shopped around and recently bought the red one from Sears.

Like all things, ($$$) balance. My dollars must be spread over a lot of places, not just a bike. I literally will only use it once a year.

I found the bike surprising sturdy on the jack, even while wrestling with the rear wheel. Love the lockouts, I would never trust ANY bottle.

My only disappointment with this jack is ground clearance. It wouldn't slide on its own under the bike where I needed it to be. I had to get another hydraulic jack and lift the back of the bike a couple/few inches and it was a pain in the a$$. I don't know how much lower other jacks are but next time around that will play into the equation a little more. If I found another jack that would slide right under the bike, I may even sell the red one to 'upgrade' if that is the right word for it.

Last edited by fishbust; 10-17-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Quick Reply: decent reasonably priced bike jack?