Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timken part # needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Timken part # needed.

I'm going to R&R my front wheel bearings Sat. I wondered if anyone has the Timken part # for the front wheel bearings. That way I can just swap them out, otherwise I'll need to take the old bearings out and go to a Timken distributor and have them match the old ones.

2008 Roadglide. W/O ABS

Last edited by Cotton Hill; 11-09-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
butta-bing
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

If you have ABS you can not get a replacement from Timken.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:06 PM
lightweight bob
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 101 Posts
Default HD 9276 wheel bearings

Originally Posted by Cotton Hill
I'm going to R&R my front wheel bearings Sat. I wondered if anyone has the Timken part # for the front wheel bearings. That way I can just swap them out, otherwise I'll need to take the old bearings out and go to a Timken distributor and have them match the old ones.

2008 Roadglide. W/O ABS
W/O ABS it's moco's 9276 bearing - 15mm x 25mm x 52mm - for 25mm axle. It's much
narrower - 15mm - than earlier bearings and was experiencing failures on '07 to '09
models using it. Most of the time it was a quality issue - very little grease in them.
PM uses that size bearing in their custom wheels but stacks two on the pulley side
of the rear wheel for extra strength. PM uses japanese bearings from Fujikoshi - top
of the line - and that's where I got mine. FWIW - no longer have my custom bar
hopper and have six new bearings in sealed boxes and will let go cheap. PM if interested.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:31 PM
X Iron Butt
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lightweight bob
W/O ABS it's moco's 9276 bearing - 15mm x 25mm x 52mm - for 25mm axle. It's much
narrower - 15mm - than earlier bearings and was experiencing failures on '07 to '09
models using it. Most of the time it was a quality issue - very little grease in them.
PM uses that size bearing in their custom wheels but stacks two on the pulley side
of the rear wheel for extra strength. PM uses japanese bearings from Fujikoshi - top
of the line - and that's where I got mine. FWIW - no longer have my custom bar
hopper and have six new bearings in sealed boxes and will let go cheap. PM if interested.
I am interested in your bearings if Cotton Hill does not want them I will PM you after this is posted.
I have heard this asked more than a dozen times and I still do not think I have seen a Timkin part number. Hasn't anybody bought Timkins and know the P/N. Even a ***, SKF or anything not HD that could be crossed to Timkin. I prefer the SKF myself but it is a ball bearing and there are or used to be some pretty high tarrifs on imported ball bearings. And SKF wouldn't sell them here in the US.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:33 PM
X Iron Butt
Supporter

So this forum sensored the EF, A, GEE from my last post. It's a bearing company not someone who is gay.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
lightweight bob
Road Master
Default LMAO - gay bearings

Originally Posted by X Iron Butt
So this forum sensored the EF, A, GEE from my last post. It's a bearing company not someone who is gay.
No problem - $65 USPS Priority. LMAO 'cause last weekend was gay pride weekend
in Palm Springs - near me.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:54 PM
lightweight bob
Road Master
Default Wheel bearings

Originally Posted by X Iron Butt
I am interested in your bearings if Cotton Hill does not want them I will PM you after this is posted.
I have heard this asked more than a dozen times and I still do not think I have seen a Timkin part number. Hasn't anybody bought Timkins and know the P/N. Even a ***, SKF or anything not HD that could be crossed to Timkin. I prefer the SKF myself but it is a ball bearing and there are or used to be some pretty high tarrifs on imported ball bearings. And SKF wouldn't sell them here in the US.
In 2007 Softails got 25mm bearing but baggers still used the 21mm x 52mm x 1 inch I think.
And you're right about finding it - mostly chinese even stock. All ***** is USA though.

Last edited by lightweight bob; 11-09-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-09-2011, 05:58 PM
X Iron Butt
Supporter

LWB sorry $65.00 is a little steep for me. Not that there not worth it I was a buyer for an OEM before I retired and can get Timkkins for about $6.00-$8.00 each if I can get the P/N's. Job was the worst thing that ever happened to me because I know what the real cost of almost everything sold retail is. Usally about 1/3 or less than the retail price. Kills me to buy from the middle middle man. (yes thats two middles). If I don't get min 20% I almost never buy it.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:17 PM
harderd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for Timken and have for the last 35 years. I don't know the part number right off but I'll see if can find out. If it is a taperd roller bearing then it is a true Timken bearing and tapers are far suppior to ball bearings in a wheel application. If it is a ball bearing then it is made at one ot the Torrington plants Timken purchased about 8 years ago. I'll see if I can get you a part number but can't promise anything.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM
69cj
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2007 RK and went to two industrial bearing suppliers and they could not match the factory bearings to a Timken or any other supplier but an off shore bearing. I bought them and had two failures, one on each wheel within 1800 miles. I now have HD bearings back in the bike.

Quick Reply: Timken part # needed.