Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a tour pack rack bag...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 05:54 PM
2swild
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a tour pack rack bag...

i am looking for a tour pack rack bag...i currently have it narrowed down to 2 different tbag models...the horseshoe and the spacesaver...any thoughts or other ideas ...thanks.....

Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 PM
SteveinNKC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bag

I have 2, one is a Nelson Rigg for the top of the Tour Pack, and the other is the T-Bags colapsable, which I think is the Space Saver. Both are fine, but I think I like the space saver better as I can pack it, and use it as an overflow bag.

One key factor in either, both put the wieght very high. If you ride 2 up, then you don't have another option, If you ride solo, then you may want to think about a bag that sits in the passenger seat, as the wieght sits much lower.

I have had T-Bags and Nelson Rigg bags, quality of each is fine, for used 2 to 3 times a year. I have one T-Bag that is over 10 years old.

my 2 cents.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
KW-HD Rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Saddlemen TR3300DE which fits perfectly on the tour pack rack. Great space and easy to pack. Has built in fasteners designed to strap to the the rack. Built in rain cover pulls out easily and stays in place even at high speeds. Used the rain cover a lot last year. Very good quality and would recommend it if you want a fairly large rack bag at a decent price.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

I use the round H-D "sac" bag on top of my tourpak if travelling heavy ( solo, but with camping gear etc.) and a big Tbag on the pass seat.

both are great quality items.

If traveling light the sac goes on the pass seat and i use it as a backrest.

the sac is durable and water proof- sold by H-D for years so, lots on the secondary market- i see them on my local craigslist all the time.

the first version sac fits great on the premium tour pak rack, but on the airstream rack, the front velcro strap needs to be split to fit.
I think they have changed the straps of late

Mie

Old 01-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a premium tour pak bag from HD and used this summer and works great.
Easy on and off at stops.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 01-11-2012, 08:15 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KW-HD Rider
I have the Saddlemen TR3300DE which fits perfectly on the tour pack rack. Great space and easy to pack. Has built in fasteners designed to strap to the the rack. Built in rain cover pulls out easily and stays in place even at high speeds. Used the rain cover a lot last year. Very good quality and would recommend it if you want a fairly large rack bag at a decent price.
+1 on the Saddleman Bag, when the wife is with me for a week its just about doubles your Tour Pack, great bag.

See photo below for bag in action.

Solo its a T-bag behind my back or just the saddle bags, just depends on how cold it is where I'm going.

Good Luck & Ride On...

Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Another vote for the Saddlemen TR3300DE for all the same very good reasons that KW-HD Rider stated. Dennis Kirk, $100.

Actually, I like the looks of the H-D Premium tour pak rack bag better than the Saddlemen TR3300DR, but the H-D bag cost $200 and has only 2000 cubic inches of storage versus Saddlemen's 3300 cubic inches of storage space for $100. So it kinda boils down to the old "bang for buck".

Last edited by one-up; 01-11-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: additonal info
Old 01-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Blue Duck
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Postal Trucker
I have a premium tour pak bag from HD and used this summer and works great.
Easy on and off at stops.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Got the same one and love it!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:15 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by KW-HD Rider
I have this bag as well. We put our rain gear in it plus a few odds & ends - easy access and not too much weight up high. Great price from M&M Cycle.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:00 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought the HD soft side expandable bag 91753-92, big enough to take two sets of leathers, or both helmets(when we get out of our state) or trinkets and 'stuff' we find along the way. Most common used for a laundry bag as we use clothes out of the clean bag and then put the trinkets into the clean clothes bag. Quite satisfied as it can be small or almost 1/3 expanded space with a zipper. Velcro straps align and retain it to the rack.

Quick Reply: looking for a tour pack rack bag...