Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes vs Rokker

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 08:45 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by breich41
I threw the box out so I doubt I can return them,I actually bought a set of 7.1 biketronics and the titan amp and the tweeter pod prob get it next week.hopefully it sounds good, if not I throw in the white flag.
That will be night and day difference.

The tweeter pod DO NOT wire it to the amp. Wire it straight to your radio, it will cause issues with that amp and when fully powered that amp will blow it.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:46 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by breich41
Was wondering if anyone would know the answer or possible fix? I just replaced a set of hogtunes speakers with a set of rokker 7.25 xx and tweeter grills, im still running a hogtunes 70.2 amp and the new speakers sound absolutely horrible. Half the volume of the hogtunes and with an added tweeter grill the highs aren't even as loud as just the hogtunes. Could there be something wrong or did I drink the kool aid and get screwed out of $300? Thanks in advance everybody!!
1) In case you don't realize it you have just demonstrated how to hijack a thread. In the middle of someone else's thread you decided to ask your question which is only marginally related to the original thread in the hope that everyone would quit discussing the original thread and start answering your question.

I am willing to believe that because you are new member you simply did know better and therefore I am informing you so that you will know better next time. You will find that it sucks when you start a thread and someone hijacks it from you...

If you start a new thread I will tell you why I think you can fix your problem without spending a cent.

2) As to the original thread. It is very difficult to get actual info about J&M equipment on this forum. For some reason there is a large vocal body that absolutely hates J&M. It makes me wonder if John was caught sleeping with some ones wife. I find it amazing that so many people who have never tried J&M audio are always at the drop of a hat willing to pile on.

It reminds me of being a Dark Sider where everyone who has never run a car tire on their bike is more than willing to tell you why it is impossible to do and how you will die a horrible death for trying it.

My J&M Rokkers are 4 years old and still sound good. When I wash the bike I douche them down and then blast air into them to blow out the water with no worries. I have absolutely no concerns about listening to my music when riding through a toad strangler thunder storm (the worse the weather, the louder my stereo!). I actually know a guy with an expensive system that sounds great, but he refuses to ride in the rain as he is worried that it will screw up his speakers...

The real question is what do you want out your new speakers?

Last edited by PFWiz; 11-15-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:41 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

PFWiz , nice way to dress him down on his post but since this thread is coming up on being 4 years old I seriously doubt the op cares if it is hi jacked or not

Old 11-15-2015, 12:53 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
1) In case you don't realize it you have just demonstrated how to hijack a thread. In the middle of someone else's thread you decided to ask your question which is only marginally related to the original thread in the hope that everyone would quit discussing the original thread and start answering your question.

I am willing to believe that because you are new member you simply did know better and therefore I am informing you so that you will know better next time. You will find that it sucks when you start a thread and someone hijacks it from you...

If you start a new thread I will tell you why I think you can fix your problem without spending a cent.

2) As to the original thread. It is very difficult to get actual info about J&M equipment on this forum. For some reason there is a large vocal body that absolutely hates J&M. It makes me wonder if John was caught sleeping with some ones wife. I find it amazing that so many people who have never tried J&M audio are always at the drop of a hat willing to pile on.

It reminds me of being a Dark Sider where everyone who has never run a car tire on their bike is more than willing to tell you why it is impossible to do and how you will die a horrible death for trying it.

My J&M Rokkers are 4 years old and still sound good. When I wash the bike I douche them down and then blast air into them to blow out the water with no worries. I have absolutely no concerns about listening to my music when riding through a toad strangler thunder storm (the worse the weather, the louder my stereo!). I actually know a guy with an expensive system that sounds great, but he refuses to ride in the rain as he is worried that it will screw up his speakers...

The real question is what do you want out your new speakers?
Its a four year old thread that's titled Hogties vs. Rokkers. He has a Hogtunes amp and J&M speakers. Sounds like it's pretty damn close to the title of the discussion topic. He even got some good answers and was directed to the audio forum.

Last edited by haze324; 11-15-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:55 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
PFWiz , nice way to dress him down on his post but since this thread is coming up on being 4 years old I seriously doubt the op cares if it is hi jacked or not
LOL....

Whoops....

Old 11-15-2015, 06:37 PM
RoadhouseRG
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditch what you got and contact Peter Jensen at www.soundzcustomz.com He will treat you right, great customer service and Focal & Arc Audio amps