Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes vs Rokker

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 AM
speedracer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hogtunes vs Rokker

I have a flhx with the Hogtunes fairing speakers and a hogpod I'm looking for better sound do you think adding a amp would make the difference or would I be better off selling what I have and buying Rokker 7.25 speakers and a J&M 250 watt amp and no longer use the hog pod that I have.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:11 AM
streetg7
Road Captain

Same setup here....cant wait to see advice!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:25 AM
kjkustoms
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had both systems in my FLHX, first the Hog Tunes speakers, amp and hog pod, last summer I changed out the HT and went with the J&M Rokkers, 250 watt amp and still used the Hog Pod, yes the J&M did perform better, Deeper bass and very clear sound, more volume without distortion. IMO a far superior set up over the Hog Tunes. As with anything else, I cant leave well enough alone, I just swapped out the J&M system to the Hawg Wired six pack system, all I can say is WOW! I should have looked at Hawg Wired first, just my 2 cents.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 AM
acdccox
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Interested as well. Going to open fairing to install the HD iPod interface and am considering putting amp in while I have fairing open.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:00 AM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HogTunes JUST released a brand new version last Friday. It's the 902.2 REV - totally revamped. The system they had was putting out 32 watts per channel. The new version is 70 watts per channel. I ordered the complete kit - Amp & Speakers. My bike is currently in storage at the Dealer. They will be doing the install in the next week or so. Can't wait to hear it! It's supposed to be kick a$$..

Old 01-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 879 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by harleymike77
HogTunes JUST released a brand new version last Friday. It's the 902.2 REV - totally revamped. The system they had was putting out 32 watts per channel. The new version is 70 watts per channel. I ordered the complete kit - Amp & Speakers. My bike is currently in storage at the Dealer. They will be doing the install in the next week or so. Can't wait to hear it! It's supposed to be kick a$$..
I don't see this on their website.
What's the cost?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Motor City Street Glide
Cruiser

ad the amplifier, it will make a vast improvement.

The stock head unit and speakers are not the highest quality components in the world, but they work fine for most, if you add "proper amplification"...

Ample clean power (from amplifier) is the most critical component in a high end audio system.
The source (head unit/radio), and monitors(speakers) are less critical.

Run a good amplifier, and amazingly the rest of the system will perform markedly better.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

These videos are a MUST WATCH for anyone wanting to configure, wire, install and adjust the J&M ROKKER series audio systems for your Harley Bagger ,,,,,,

HOW-TO configure/wire 2, 4, 6 or 8 speakers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJj7C...4LpftUbhq26J9L ,,,,,,

HOW-TO install ROKKER series speakers/amplifiers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEhfx...OhScZC_aBjl7tk ,,,,,,

HOW-TO adjust ROKKER series amplifier gain controls on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6C5M...UCt2IbqEHhEcsN ,,,,,,

Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 AM
speedracer
Tourer

I am looking to install a painted inner fairing and my dealer has one that was ordered my color for another person and I can get it for a decent price but that means I still would have to have my hogtunes tweeter pod painted to match thats why I was thinking about ditching the hogtunes speakers and treeter pod and just run a set of Rokkers and the J&m amp and no more tweeter pod. Currently I'm still undecided

Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hecklerboy
I don't see this on their website.
What's the cost?
There is another thread in here which is on the next page. A Forum Member posted this:

I just found this on Directharleyparts.com.....
*NEW* Hogtunes Rev Series 902.2 kit - NCA-70.2 amp and 5.25" front speaker kit
Part #: 4405-0265
Manufacturer: Hogtunes
Sug. Retail: $389.95
Our Price: $299.95

To me, that is a decent price. The system retails in Canada for $449. I picked mine up on a "special" for $349. Keep an eye on the other Thread, as they are searching for even lower prices.

Quick Reply: Hogtunes vs Rokker