Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Street Glide - need lower seat!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 AM
SwissHD
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Street Glide - need lower seat!!!

Hi, I just got myself a 2012 Street Glide, that I’m step by step modifying upon my wish. I’m slightly more the 5.6 ft tall and 155 lb, I’ve already had the front lowering kit installed, and I’m having a Ness rear lowering kit installed in these days.

I’m looking for a comfortable yet low-profile-narrow-nose seat, to improve ground-reaching and avoiding the “seated-on-top-of-the-bike” feeling I have with stock seat. I also need a passenger pillion comfortable enough for my 122 lb wife (medium-range trips).

So far I’ve loved my Hollywood Solo Corbin seat on my Fat Boy. Therefore, I was thinking to go for a new Corbin once again. Since I’m having trouble to get answers form Corbin, here the questions:
- Corbin Classic Solo: does it allow rider to seat lower than stock seat? How about nose width?
- Corbin Gambler: does it allow rider to seat lower than stock seat? How about nose width? Has anyone experience with passenger feelings for that seat?
- HD 2012 CVO Street Glide Seat: does it allow rider to seat lower than stock seat? How about nose width? is it comfortable?
- Danny Gray Big Seat + Pillion: does it allow rider to seat lower than stock seat? How about nose width? is it comfortable?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

All butts are different...maybe have your stock seat modified? Narrowed and memory foam installed? I like C&C solo seats...I have a DG solo on my 2012 SG, it's narrower and sits a little lower...but no backrest. Thinking of selling it and getting one with a backrest, my old back needs one.....

Pic of solo on bike

Old 04-20-2012, 08:36 AM
johngp7
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i put the Harley reach seat on mine...work great for me

Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 AM
SwissHD
Novice

I don't intend to modfy the stock seat, since it's a pain in the azz for the passanger. Due to my good experience with Corbin, I'd rather go fot it, but I really need to know if Classic solo drops me a little bit closer to the ground ...

Old 04-20-2012, 09:32 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C&C solo/backrest - 11" Ultima Billet shocks - 18" Pirelli's

Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
mjb765
Tourer

Corbin Classic solo and tell them to do a "nose job" on it. That will narrow the front of the seat enabling you not to have to spead your legs as wide which will put more of your feet on the ground. It worked for me...I'm 5'6" with a CVO street Glide. I would be careful about going too low in the back.....loss of ground clearance as well as clearance between tire and fender and a harder ride. I tried the Progressive's 11.5" and used them for a week and got rid of them. The ride over bumps was horrible.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:06 AM
SwissHD
Novice

Thanks mjb765! Do you feel that the classic solo has dropped you anyhow?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:13 AM
SwissHD
Novice

[quote=mjb765;9693207]Corbin Classic solo and tell them to do a "nose job" on it. That will narrow the front of the seat enabling you not to have to spead your legs as wide which will put more of your feet on the ground. It worked for me...I'm 5'6" with a CVO street Glide. I would be careful about going too low in the back.....loss of ground clearance as well as clearance between tire and fender and a harder ride. I tried the Progressive's 11.5" and used them for a week and got rid of them. The ride over bumps was horrible.[/quote

By the way, I clearly asked the dealer to do the needed rear-lowering only if this would not affect ground clearance. They garanteed it wouldn't. I'm picking up the beast tomorrow ... I'll let you know ... I'm looking forward to hearing the deep rumble of the V&H Blackout Rounds ...

Old 04-20-2012, 10:17 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

I know you said you doidn't intend to modify the stock seat, but it was because of your passenger. Mean City Cycles is a supporting vendor here and they do top notch work. My RG seat is there now getting their super narrow mod and passenger seat mod. The passenger seat mod adds memory foam for her clam. I didn't "need" the super narrow because I can reach just fine, but I thought it looked pretty nice. They take a bit off the sides of the seat plus add memory foam. They can move you down and back. You should at least give them a call. I bet he can hook you up.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

If a dealer will let you, try a Stock Ultra Classic Limited seat that has the word "low".

It is lower and narrower, It is also way more comfortable than the 2 X 4 that they call passenger seat.

You can get take offs on this forum or ebay way cheaper than a reach seat or corbin.

At least it is a start.

Quick Reply: 2012 Street Glide - need lower seat!!!