Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 download?

Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
St Glide
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stage 1 download?

I have a 06 SG stock motor S E intake kit with a set of wild pig slip ons. Have a slight hesitation issue. Called local HD dealer they recommended a stage 1 download. I asked why not a dyno tune with a tuner and he said not necessary with the minor stuff on my bike. My question is has anyone done the stage 1 download and did it work or make any difference?
Thanks

Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the stage 1 download on my 09 Ultra , and I'm quite happy with it.
The stage 1 assumes a screaming eagle air intake and SE mufflers.
This worked with my S&S intake and S&S SPO mufflers with quiet baffle just fine.
Performance is better and the fuel mileage went up , I never had a heat problem up in the northeast , and my bike never had catalytic converters.
I looked up the specs for my download , and it didn't add much fuel , but advanced the timing a bunch , I guess that was enough for my combo.
Mick

Old 05-02-2012, 05:48 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

put duals on wifes 04 Heritage and has a stage 1 on it , had se slip ons , talked to my dealer and he recomended the same thing just a down load which it may allready have they will have to check history of the bike , I bought it used , any way if you are just wanting it to run and sound good try the down load , if you are trying to get every thing out of it thats posible the dyno might be the way to go , have heard some bikes being dynoed and personally I would not put my bike thruogh it , or as a last resort

Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

I have the Stage One DL with the SE slip-ons and AC; works great. You can get a more dialed in tune with a tuner/dyno but of course there is a much larger cost to that. My buddy has an '09 as well with the SERT/pipes/ac. His bike is faster than mine but he gets 5mpg less and there really isn't that much performance difference. I've also not noticed his bike running any cooler than mine (mine doesn't run hot either) which is what a lot of people say is the reason for a tuner.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 PM
mechanicalman
Cruiser
Default DL?

How can you get the Stage 1 DL without getting the dyno?

Do you still have to get one of the tuners?

If I could get a canned map and DL it to the ECM I'd be pickled pink.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If your not going to be making any other mods, go ahead and get the download, but if you are thinking of doing any other mods, like a cam or more, get a tuner.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:53 PM
DeiGratia
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wild Pigs Pipes + Fuelmoto A/C on my 09 RK. Vacillated for a while whether to get HD DL or PCV. Read a lot of forum discussions about this topic. In my case, bit the bullet and bought a PCV from Jamie at FM.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:21 AM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What range do these downloads cost? I have a PCV, not that I need a DL, just curious myself what the price of a DL costs compared to a dyno. My dealer charges $325 for a dyno run.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:39 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

stage 1 download will conform to the EPA super lean specs. and cost about $150...try some xied's. little over a hundred bucks and bike should run cooler and perform better.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 AM
St Glide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dan conner
stage 1 download will conform to the EPA super lean specs. and cost about $150...try some xied's. little over a hundred bucks and bike should run cooler and perform better.
What is the xied's?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stage 1 download?