Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Profile Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:39 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,217 Likes on 2,465 Posts

Originally Posted by blarg
Also...it's marketed as an "active suspension" - is it? does it constantly monitor suspension travel and adjust valving for the best ride or is it just a hydraulic version of an airbag sitting on a conventional shock?
did you watch the video? yes, it is constantly adjusting the ride height based on your speed.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 PM
hdsuspension.com
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate your candor but did you think it would drop out from under you - seriously? The suspension actually works based on speed. At 13 MPH it drops 1 inch per second, but if you wish knowing you are doing " Tail of the Dragon " or something you can set it at whatever height you want and it stays there. You never loose any suspension travel - at whatever height you pick - Top that one!

"yeah....for $3500 I could get an FBI drop seat and a decent set of rear shocks (and it would include installation, shipping, and tax, not just the parts price) and NOT have a suspension that's likely to drop out from under me in a low speed turn or U-turn."

It will not do that - I ride my bike far more then most. 25-30 k per year, not once has it ever done that too me on any corner - ever! If anything it actually helps me into and out of - I am not top end heavy nor am I loosing any control - it enhances my turns not diminishes them. I have done full lock ups from idiots coming out of side roads and it drops me and I gain total control - no forward inertia. It settles the bike down and gives you back control

"Also...it's marketed as an "active suspension" - is it? does it constantly monitor suspension travel and adjust valving for the best ride or is it just a hydraulic version of an airbag sitting on a conventional shock?"

It is 100% active suspension, it works off of your ECM - it senses your speed and adjusts accordingly. How many suspension systems can do that!
No matter where it travels up or down it will always maintain full suspension travel - not crank this and crank that - add more air try it and let some out - what a waste of riding time. Yes I love the system but that is how I came to being the distributor for it. I was looking for a solution and found it - it drops me so I can be flat footed, I can push my bike with ease, it gave me back total control. With the air ride when I added my wife I had to put more air in or it bottomed out , then if I did not let the air out it was a buck board. Well now I do SFA. I get on it and it does it for me - Two up one up it does not matter it takes it all.

I recently had one of the forum members buy the system who told me after not only does he ride two up but he also pulls a trailer - He raved about it - never bottomed out once on his first 400 mile run... he could easily hold the bike up now at all stops, his wife was happy - why - it was a far smoother ride. Its all in what you expect. It was not designed to race at the track but then again nor was my ultra. I may drive it like it is - tackling corners , chasing crotch rockets, but when we stop for a coffee or whatever, they are shocked at how I can not only keep up with the big beast but in some cases over take them

The system is rock solid and it performs as expected. Watch the video and see for yourself. Disregard the burn outs, I think that was just to show how it goes up and down. Personally I dont do burnouts with my ultra. Its just too damn expensive replacing tires. And that is my two cents worth.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well that makes more sense.

Last edited by blarg; 06-20-2012 at 02:16 PM.