Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HK radio update????

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Rammer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK radio update????

Who has done an update on the software for the stock head unit ? I have tried and tried with no success. I download the update and unzipped it. Then loaded it on to a disk and went through the steps. All it will do is say "verifying dsp image" and not progress. Any suggestions?

Old 05-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would burn another CD using the slowest speed (1x). Make sure that you are you have extracted both files and the radio is set to FM mode.

It has been a while but if I recall I had to burn a couple of CDs in order to get one to work.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:17 AM
rmw
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same issue and it was the software I used to burn the CD. Used a different program and it zipped right through it. I can't recall if the Windows program was the problem or another.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:37 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont mean to highjack thread but whats the update do and what bikes need it? ive never heard of it i have 2011 SG, do i need it and where can i get it if i do need it

Old 05-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rammer
Who has done an update on the software for the stock head unit ? I have tried and tried with no success. I download the update and unzipped it. Then loaded it on to a disk and went through the steps. All it will do is say "verifying dsp image" and not progress. Any suggestions?
Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
i dont mean to highjack thread but whats the update do and what bikes need it? ive never heard of it i have 2011 SG, do i need it and where can i get it if i do need it
It can be a defect with the SDRAM.
If you cant burn the disc slow enough, let us know and we'll see about getting you a known good disc.

2011 does not need the update.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:40 AM
StreetKing
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a friend of mine has a 2010 SG, can it use the update. If so how does he get it. Thanks

Old 05-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron Cross Audio
It can be a defect with the SDRAM.
If you cant burn the disc slow enough, let us know and we'll see about getting you a known good disc.

2011 does not need the update.
How about 2010? I haven't had any issues with mine yet. Whats it accomplish? Thanks

Old 05-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickr01
How about 2010? I haven't had any issues with mine yet. Whats it accomplish? Thanks
Check the version of software you have...and this is for any year.
Any version above 7.8 is safe. There are some minor internal function issues that are addressed with later versions (too many and boring to list). Fact is, above 7.8, if you have no issues, update is not necessary.
If you are a user of the VOX feature, or have an iPod module, then the latest version (8.25 at the ST10, 8.19 at the TMS320) should be installed.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron Cross Audio
Check the version of software you have...and this is for any year.
Any version above 7.8 is safe. There are some minor internal function issues that are addressed with later versions (too many and boring to list). Fact is, above 7.8, if you have no issues, update is not necessary.
If you are a user of the VOX feature, or have an iPod module, then the latest version (8.25 at the ST10, 8.19 at the TMS320) should be installed.
Thanks Man! You guys are top notch. I need to send mine to you to change the lighting color to match the original gauges at some point.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 AM
X Iron Butt
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My W7 PC would not let me change the write speed on the newer CDs I had. Don't know why XP would let me. I found some older CD RW disc that had a 2X label on them and it worked fine with them. My clock went from losing 3 minutes a day to 1 minute a month. Don't use the clock that much but it got me a few times so I wanted it fixed. I had not used my IPOD before the update so I don't know if there were issues there. All works great now. Good Luck

You can find and download the updates here http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...io-system.html

Last edited by X Iron Butt; 05-16-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Quick Reply: HK radio update????