Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Wing vs. HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Bo Joe
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk
868 is the number, not sure of the name. They are in the irish setter line....I'm not an expert, so not sure what that line represents other than they are very comfortable off the shelf, not alot of break in time. I am sorry to say that the tag says made in china.

not to mention the guys in the red wing store took some time to actually help me out and measure everythign properly as opposed to some of the yahoos sellign other shoes/boots.
Nice looking boot. Too bad it's made in China.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:42 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk
Man, i just recently switched my riding boots from HD to a pair of Red Wings.....I think i can safely say that i will never wear a pair of HD boots again. Just throwing it out there because i never really considered any other boots than HD, so you guys taht are the same, shop around a little bit, the differences are great!

I'm sure there's other brands that are just as good, but these Red Wing's rock solid.
Personal choice I suppose.

I have a pair of RW MC boots size 10D that I will make a good deal on. Worn once.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Yeah HD boots are fashion ride wear and not for walking. Made real well but a biatch to breakin to any kind of comfort....even tried stepping in water and letting em dry on my feet......forget it.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:16 PM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Red Wings are the most comfortable boot I have ever tried and they last, the ones made in the US anyway, I heard the same thing, they have some cheap chinese boots now that cost less.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:33 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Made in usa

+1 on the made in the USA boots. I accidently bought a set made in China and they didn't make it 7 months!!! Local shoe store that supplies boots to alot of us that need safety toes for work (military base) now has only the USA ones, they cost more, but are WAY worth it!!!!
Kris

Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I get boots every year on my job, (been there 27 years), they give us several companies to choose from, All I can say is the ones made in the USA last longer and are much better made than the ones made In China or some other countries, but the American made ones are getting harder to find because so many companies are importing shoes and sticking their name on them, Red Wing does this for some of their boots also, so be sure to check the label and see where the boot is made.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:01 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Pecos I get are made in America with imported materials.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:01 PM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the HD engineer style boot that I'm reasonably happy with but I needed more reach with my legs so I got a pair of Red Wing model 218 logger boots that have a tall heel/sole.

I am very happy with them for riding and walking. They're a little on the pricey side but they'll last me the rest of my riding life.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:10 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadGlidinFreak
I just wish that Red Wing actually made a cool looking "biker" boot like the HD stuff instead of a plain black slip on or a black logging boot...... but I may just have to jump the fence if my HD ones get much more "character".... When you come from wearing Red Wings all day every day and put on the HD ones you can tell they are RIDING boots not WALKING boots.... LOL
Red Wing does make both slip on and laced black biker boots. You hardly ever see them in stores, but any Red Wing dealer can order them or you can order them online.

The first pair I had where the best biker boots I ever had. They discontinued that model and the one I bought to replace them were a bit pricey and I don't like them as well as my workboots or the previous pair of biker boots.

Dennis

Old 08-14-2012, 01:12 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
Personal choice I suppose.

I have a pair of RW MC boots size 10D that I will make a good deal on. Worn once.
If they are the slip on, square toed version with the buckle on the sides I am intersted.

pm me and let me know what they are. I can't pass up a pair of red wings boots at a good deal.

Dennis

Quick Reply: Red Wing vs. HD