Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Wing vs. HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Neopheous
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bo Joe
Nice looking boot. Too bad it's made in China.

I was under the impression that HD boots were made in China as well...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...hina-junk.html

Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I love my Red Wings! Red Wings 971

Attached Thumbnails Red Wing vs. HD-red-wing-971.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Troopfire
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I have a narrow foot and Red Wings are the only boots that I have found which makes a B width which actually fits. I kept buying boots because I liked the looks and then tried to make them fit with heavy socks. I finally bought a pair of Red Wing Motorcycle boots style 4473. They are waterproof (tested by me) steel toe and puncture resistant. I don't have to wear those HD gaiters in the rain. They are really comfortable and I can comfortably walk in them. I can wear regular socks. And they are made in the USA. Red Wing is very clear about which boots are made where on their website. I have had HD boots, Danner boots Cabelas as well as others. Because of the fit and quality I will stick with Red Wing.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Redwings are great, have had them forever.

I also love my Chippewa Bike boots , made in USA , lifetime warranty and rebuildable sole.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:03 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk
Man, i just recently switched my riding boots from HD to a pair of Red Wings.....I think i can safely say that i will never wear a pair of HD boots again. Just throwing it out there because i never really considered any other boots than HD, so you guys taht are the same, shop around a little bit, the differences are great!

I'm sure there's other brands that are just as good, but these Red Wing's rock solid.

don't know if you got them in a red wing store or not, but if you did, go back and get them to do the foot analysis for pressure points and arch

then buy a pair of their inserts - you can't believe how comfy they can make your boots

I had a pair of Red Wings for over 2 years and then added the inserts and was blown away how much better they can get!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Red wings are the only boots I'll buy anymore. They are the best footwear I've ever worn

Old 08-14-2012, 02:23 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had a pair Bates Goretex for several months and they are beginning to get really comfortable. Looked to me like I could get the Bates Goretex for about the price of non-waterproof HD boots. I too have narrow feet but these seem to fit good in the normal width. Just another option. Got them at Bass Pro Shop but have seen the goretex versions at several other stores. Most Bates boots are not the goretex version so look for that.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:27 PM
wuzfuz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My lady friend rides a Dyna and bought H.D. branded boots. She wore them a total of about 5 times and the sole on one literally came off the bottom of the boot. While she went to get another pair to ride in the OTHER boot did the exact same thing! Talk about planned obsolescence !
She hasn't brought them back yet to see if they will make 'em good, but boy is she pissed. Myself I wear Danners, but only ones made in U.S.A., China made are P.O.S.'s

Old 08-14-2012, 03:42 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Nothing against any boot, but ya guys know there are real companies that make real riding gear right? That said, I wear my Tony Lamas alot riding.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:52 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,394 Likes on 21,384 Posts

RW's are@ least 3 times the price of HD's...
That's why they are better..

Tony Lama's are good for riding horses but motorcycles, I don't think so.

Quick Reply: Red Wing vs. HD