Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 03:58 PM
woodyt74
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with bars

I tried posting this on the touring bars sticky but it is kind of a dead thread so I'm trying a new thread. I've been wading through the touring bars posts and I'm still not sure what I need. I have a 2010 street glide, I'm 5'9" with a 32" sleeve length and a 29" inseam and I just installed the drop seat kit from Paughco's which lowers my seating position about 3" and moves it back about 1.5-2". I love the seating position because I feel like I'm riding in the bike instead of on it. However, the stock bars are now a reach that causes me to lean forward and it is killing my lower back which is bad to begin with because of disk problems.

Ideally I think I need bars about 1-2" higher and 3+" back from stock. I'm not a fan of apes on a bagger, sorry guys :-), so I don't want the bars above the fairing. I think the WO575 bars might work but I'm not sure there is enough pull back but I don't know what other options might work. I would appreciate any and all feedback from all the great contributors on here. Thanks

Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 PM
psychocircus
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Klock werks ergo back. About 2" more pullback than stock and all wires/cables need not replaced.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 PM
BackRoader
Road Master
Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts

I have the 575s and love em. Just 2 inches of pull back, but you can rotate them down and gain another couple inches. Around a 2 inch rise also. Keeps hands behind fairing. Also a couple inches wider. They are identical to the stock HD angle on the bends. I did not have to change out any cables, etc. My clutch cable was routed through the hole in the fairing, over top of and behind (actually in front of it if you are standing in front of the bike) my glovebox (FLHT, no stereo). Just re-routed it under the box and gained a few inches. Had to carefully straighten out my brake line. This would not look the best except for the fact that the fairing hides it. You may be able to see it in my sig pic. Throttle cables length was fine. Will probably replace them all some day when I do braided cables. Overall very happy with 575s. they produce top quality bars. Love the look of the inch and a quarter bars and the hidden wiring too.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Side pics of stock bars vs 575's

Attached Thumbnails Help with bars-005.jpg   Help with bars-010.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

PYO MBB 10's. In my sig but mine are all the way forward against fairing. They would appear shorter pulled towards you.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 PM
woodyt74
Advanced

Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it. I think I'm going to go with the WO575's. Looks like I'll get the pull back I need and still use stock cables and mirrors.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Hmmm...looks like my sig doesn't show up when I post from my phone. But you've made up your mind. Enjoy...

Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you do the WO575 and have HD heated grips just remember to cut 3/8 to 1/2" off the left side so everything comes up tight to the diameter change. It's a bitch to cut it off after you have the grips on there. There is info about this on the wild ones web site. And if it an older bike get the one piece top clamp.....

I love the 575's put the bars right in the palm of my hand when I am sitting up straight. No more leaning forward.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:40 AM
woodyt74
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Hmmm...looks like my sig doesn't show up when I post from my phone. But you've made up your mind. Enjoy...
No problem, I went to your profile to check out the sig. Those may be an option if I don't get enough pull back out of the 575's. Of course if the first choice doesn't work things do start getting expensive. :icon_eek

Old 08-19-2012, 08:42 AM
woodyt74
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tinman265
I love the 575's put the bars right in the palm of my hand when I am sitting up straight. No more leaning forward.
Now that is just what I'm hoping for...

Quick Reply: Help with bars