Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Line users, do u recommend it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 05:10 PM
KWC6
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Line users, do u recommend it?

My independent shop recommends using Redline rather than Syn3 that I've been using. Says it will even quiet down the motor and tranny, shifting smoother too. If u use it do you recommend it?

Old 09-01-2012, 05:13 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was told the same thing, but I really don't notice any difference other than the price tag.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 PM
jbkrab
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always been partial to Red Line Products. Very high quality stuff in my opinion. Whether or not it quiets down the engine noise I can't say, others will chime in on that, but these oils are not cheap, but I will continue using them on my bike. Remember that old saying, "Junk in, Junk Out". I like to use quality products in and on my vehicles, so it is up to you, do you want to spend a few extra dollars or not.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:32 PM
KWC6
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbkrab
I have always been partial to Red Line Products. Very high quality stuff in my opinion. Whether or not it quiets down the engine noise I can't say, others will chime in on that, but these oils are not cheap, but I will continue using them on my bike. Remember that old saying, "Junk in, Junk Out". I like to use quality products in and on my vehicles, so it is up to you, do you want to spend a few extra dollars or not.
I agree I use quality. I can afford it, just want to here from current users. Thanks for your comments.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:37 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i use it and like it a lot, here in montreal its NOT more expensive about the same as mobil 1. i use redline in one and Mobil 1 in the other, i find either really good. If redline was easier to get i would use it, next time i buy it ill buy enough for all bikes.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:42 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by KWC6
My independent shop recommends using Redline rather than Syn3 that I've been using. Says it will even quiet down the motor and tranny, shifting smoother too. If u use it do you recommend it?
You have lots of choices. I also use Redline. Either way, I think you will find a high percentage of people that will tell Syn3 for the tranny is not an adequate product. I would go with the recommendation of your Indy and do a search here and I think you will get away from Syn3. Just my .02

Old 09-01-2012, 05:44 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by KWC6
I agree I use quality. I can afford it, just want to here from current users. Thanks for your comments.
Google Amsoil "white paper" lengthy statement on v twin oil comparison's. Redline may be in that comparison along with others.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

No doubt Redline is going into my bike next time. Done a lot of research and am sold.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Have used Red Line in trans for a couple years. I thought it did shift a little better. My friend borrowed my bike when he came back he said my trans was smoother and quieter than his 08 SE. Now he is using Red Line.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Rooster37
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy redline user here...

Quick Reply: Red Line users, do u recommend it?