Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 02:17 PM
HB
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another alarm

How can I do away with or shut down the alarm system? No matter what I do I still cannnot disarm with fobs. Tired of using the pin code. Can I put it in service mode somehow? Been all over the owners manual.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:12 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,025 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Can always change out the TSSM to a TSM, or swap with someone that doesn't have security. Basically, you have a 68922-00D and want a 68920-01D which is $147.78

Old 09-17-2012, 05:54 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 319 Likes on 183 Posts

Have you tried a new battery in the fob?

Old 09-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
Have you tried a new battery in the fob?
X2...buddy has a 2011 sergu that the battery went dead in one of the fobs.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:20 PM
HB
Road Captain

Put new battery in one No change. I brought it home on a trailer. Did not know about transport mode when I bought it. Could this have caused the problem? Old owner said he never had a problem.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 319 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by HB
Put new battery in one No change. I brought it home on a trailer. Did not know about transport mode when I bought it. Could this have caused the problem? Old owner said he never had a problem.
It could have and probably did run the bike battery down. Does your bike have a voltmeter? What model of bike is it? It would be a good idea to charge the battery and check the connections.
How is it the bike acting (how do you know the alarm system isn't disarming?) Do the signal lights flash when you move the bike (with the fob present).
What have you tried?

Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 PM
okcjetmech
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can put it in a perminate service mode........Based on the fact I'd read on another post how someone stated they had, had it done at the dealer...not sure if you can do it yourself...So the answer is MAYBE...........sorry had to

Old 09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
HB
Road Captain

09 ultra Old owner had the fob in a kruzer kaddy. Bike fired right up when I test rode it. On the way home I noticed turn signals flashing. Put fobs in my pocket on the way home.Backed off trailer and it took forever to start. but finally did. Took to town made several stops and no problem. Next morning would not disarm. Turned switch on and off couple times with fob on seat. Fired up finally. was good for a couple more stops. Put new battery in one fob no change. Switched battery to other fob no change. Tried to put in transport mode and it would not work. I can manually disarm with pin. Luckily it was still at factory setting. Old owner had no idea when I called for the pin number. Unhooked battery tonight and bot busy so it is still unhooked. Hope I dont have to go to the dealer to get battery hooked back up and started.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HB
09 ultra Old owner had the fob in a kruzer kaddy. Bike fired right up when I test rode it. On the way home I noticed turn signals flashing. Put fobs in my pocket on the way home.Backed off trailer and it took forever to start. but finally did. Took to town made several stops and no problem. Next morning would not disarm. Turned switch on and off couple times with fob on seat. Fired up finally. was good for a couple more stops. Put new battery in one fob no change. Switched battery to other fob no change. Tried to put in transport mode and it would not work. I can manually disarm with pin. Luckily it was still at factory setting. Old owner had no idea when I called for the pin number. Unhooked battery tonight and bot busy so it is still unhooked. Hope I dont have to go to the dealer to get battery hooked back up and started.
There's other places than a dealer to get a battery and save a few bucks. I have only read where others have go to an auto parts store and been able to buy them.