Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 12:57 PM
rbferg
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight Upgrade

Well the eyes aren't what they used to be and I still end up riding at night quite a bit so I'm trying to decide on a better headlight. I'm sure allot of folks will recommend an LED but I just can't get past the look and have a couple of friends that complain about seeing around curves with them. I may still go that route but I'm considering the HID kit from Socalmotogear and the Cibie lens with the Osram Ralleye 70/65 bulb from Daniel Stern Lighting. Opinions in older threads are all over the place, so I'm hoping for more updated, long term opinions from those who have tried these options.

http://www.socalmotogear.com/Harley-...Kit-p/h1hk.htm

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html

Old 01-20-2014, 01:28 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rbferg
Well the eyes aren't what they used to be and I still end up riding at night quite a bit so I'm trying to decide on a better headlight. I'm sure allot of folks will recommend an LED but I just can't get past the look and have a couple of friends that complain about seeing around curves with them. I may still go that route but I'm considering the HID kit from Socalmotogear and the Cibie lens with the Osram Ralleye 70/65 bulb from Daniel Stern Lighting.
Whoa! Save yourself a lot of time and trouble! You have a good solution right there, so just go with the Cibie and Osram.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:01 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

changed to the TL LED and I am really happy -- I have lots of light and no problem seeing around the corners in the mountains -- they just work for me.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:37 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have HIDs in mine , 55 watt hi - low in my head light and 35 watt in my spots and love them , have like $50 in both sets , E BAY

Attached Thumbnails Headlight Upgrade-fender-tip-light-1.jpg  
Old 01-20-2014, 06:14 PM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed the HD reflector LED, I really like the look, since this lamp uses the reflector instead of the projector I am hoping the beam is alittle wider. to cold to try out yet. I like the fact that it doesn't stick out of the stock ring.

Attached Thumbnails Headlight Upgrade-headlight.jpg  
Old 01-20-2014, 07:19 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

I upgraded to the dual bulb in my SG and I think im going l.e.d's in the passing lamps for cleaner white light out on the sides.Headlight Upgrade-cam00073.jpg

Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 PM
MikeTD3
Road Master

Received 204 Likes on 116 Posts

I went with the lens/upgraded bulb and it is a huge difference over stock.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM
rbferg
Road Master

Originally Posted by xhere
I just installed the HD reflector LED, I really like the look, since this lamp uses the reflector instead of the projector I am hoping the beam is alittle wider. to cold to try out yet. I like the fact that it doesn't stick out of the stock ring.
That's a good looking light, looks like a HD version of the Truck-Lite. It looks like a good compromise of form and function. I assume the light output is similar to the TL and the fact that it doesn't stick out like the TL is definitely a plus.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:03 PM
rbferg
Road Master

Originally Posted by bgdv1
I upgraded to the dual bulb in my SG and I think im going l.e.d's in the passing lamps for cleaner white light out on the sides.Attachment 353724
How do you like the dual bulb set-up?

Old 01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Gnarl78
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i installed the TL Phase 7 recently, but haven't ridden with it at night yet. If you're interested in the Harley dual bulb halogen headlight I have one for sale.

Quick Reply: Headlight Upgrade