Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio Issues, Upgrade available?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Chizl
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did my profile just jump to using my email address as my Name?

Old 02-20-2014, 04:42 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Go to the audio section and do some looking around. Tons of options and help!

Old 02-20-2014, 07:21 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by gavin.landon@gmail.com
Why did my profile just jump to using my email address as my Name?
Brother FYI its been using your email as your as your screen name since your first post. Thought you set it up like that on purpose? I was going to mention it but didn't want to sound like a dick.

If you really wanted to spend a lot of that hard earned money you could just replace the Harley amp and speakers with after market and your would be blown away. Go a step more and change out the head unit as well and you have some more tuning options. Your CVO is a 1 ohm system, if your going to upgrade try to think of what you want to end result to be before you start buying stuff here and there. If you stick with upgraded amps and speakers instead of Harley stuff you can go to either a 2 ohm or 4 ohm speaker and amp set up, which the best part of doing this is it opens up a larger range of options of what you can add and types of equipment you can use.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Adamec stinks on all fronts...I would go on the short ride down 95 to Rossmeyers or Space Coast Harley...I hate everything about Adamec. I grew up in Jax and they have stunk for years...

Old 02-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Chizl
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Brother FYI its been using your email as your as your screen name since your first post. Thought you set it up like that on purpose? I was going to mention it but didn't want to sound like a dick.
Guess I never noticed my email as my user then. I've requested admin to rename it. Thanks for not being a dick.

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Your CVO is a 1 ohm system, if your going to upgrade try to think of what you want to end result to be before you start buying stuff here and there.
My current system isn't 1 ohm, it's 2 ohm, only the tweeters in the middle of my faring are 1 ohm.

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Adamec stinks on all fronts...I would go on the short ride down 95 to Rossmeyers or Space Coast Harley...I hate everything about Adamec. I grew up in Jax and they have stunk for years...
This was my first bike purchase through Adamec. I live in St Augustine, so my previous two Harley's where through St Augustine Harley, who went belly up in 2011.

I went to a pro audio shop yesterday, he cranked up some bikes he just replaced everything, including the head unit, and it wasn't as loud as what I have. :/ He's trying to sell me on Big Ultra Hog Tunes, but that is (1) 160 watt (4) channel amp, pushing 40 watt per channel. My currently setup is (1) 160 watt (2) channel amp, pushing 80 watt per channel, which most likely is daisy chained through the 4 front speakers and has the (1) xxx watt amp in the back that has no specs anywhere, so not sure what that is. However all speakers have very small coils where the Big Ultras are much larger. Not sure that is worth the money to upgrade too.

Last edited by Chizl; 02-21-2014 at 05:02 PM.