Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super tuner pro help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Hedgehog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super tuner pro help

I purchased a 2014 ultra classic and had the dealer install the screamin eagle super tuner pro with SE air cleaner, 4" rineharts and V&H dresser duals. The bike ran pretty good but felt like it needed a little more. Well, I downloaded the software for the race tuner and bought the cables. The software said there was a update for the 2014 air cooled bike so it downloaded.
Well today I decide to hook this thing up to my computer. I turned on the bike ignition and clicked on the screamin eagle software. I clicked on the tuning button and it asked if I wanted to update my vci. I clicked ok and a couple of green bars eventually went across the screen. What did I actually do? Did I reprogram the bike? I took it for a ride and it seems a little doggier but I'm not sure if that's in my head know. If I did change something, how can I change it back? Do I have to bring it to the dealer?

Old 04-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Hedgehog
Cruiser

Ps' I never hit the flash button if that matters

Old 04-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Hedgehog
Cruiser

Need help please. I also noticed that when I had the ignition on for a while doing this, the red security light was illuminated. I don't have security.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 222 Posts

You didn't reflash your bike. The update is for the software and VCI only. Other than that nothing has changed. And yes you do have security.

Read this:

http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.c...une-sepst.html

Old 04-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Hedgehog
Cruiser

Does it matter that when the vci update was going on, it was plugged into the bike?

Old 04-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Hedgehog
Cruiser
Question

And also does it matter that I kept pushing the black button on the super tuner because I am a moron and this is the first fuel injected bike I've had.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Hedgehog
Cruiser

I definitely did something to the bike because it's not running the same. Morning start up the rpm's went higher than they use to. Small blips of the throttle and I got a little tough through the air cleaner and it just didn't feel right. I ended up dropping it off at the dealership today to remap it. They said worst case a hour labor.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:11 PM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MoCo did some updates to the calibrations on the 14's, looking at the original tables (pre update) they looked the same but was unable to make any changes until the latest calibration was used. Had a friend take my original data from dyno and transfer to latest calibration and it worked fine.

When your tuner was installed originally and flashed was it a canned stage 1 or was a dyno performed?

If it was a canned staged 1 you could have picked your configuration and reflashed with updated calibration.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The VCI has to be plugged into the bike to power up. All you did was update the software in the VCI. You have to connect everything, open the software, open the map you want to use, then click the lightning bolt, then you have to click the tune button to push the new map to the bike. No idea why it runs different but according to what you typed above all you did was update the software on the PC and then the VCI. I just loaded the updated version on Friday to my bike and while all the viewable cells are the same the bike ran a bit better.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Hedgehog
Cruiser

I clicked so many things, I can't remember them all. I know I didn't hit the lightning bolt though. I did press and hold the black button on the tuner a few times. Owe well, hopefully the dealer can straighten it out tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Super tuner pro help