Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obnoxious CFR

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:29 PM
tonetls
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Obnoxious CFR

OK I know this has been talked about many times before and I tried to find a answer through search but never got a clear answer.

Are the CFR or CFR KO'S too loud and obnoxious? I'm looking to buy new pipes and I love the sound from others bikes with the CFR's and CFR KO's but don't want something that I can't hear my woman riding.........wait, on second thought-ha!

Putting on a 09 RKC........

Old 07-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,375 Likes on 2,624 Posts

You're searching for a clear answer for something that is subjective?

Old 07-03-2014, 08:05 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Yes.

They're too frikkin loud.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:07 PM
digdug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Why do you want to hear her riding? Can't you just watch her ride?.....oh,you mean you can't hear her talking while riding...lol

Old 07-03-2014, 09:14 PM
circlenine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not find them too loud at all. My bike is a 2012 and still has the cat (Meow), but even those that I've heard with it removed aren't too loud. At cruising speeds I have no problem hearing the radio. Locally I have no problems as well. Sure, romp on it and you know they are there, but ride casual/cruise and they quiet down.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:33 PM
dabucka
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are running the stock exhaust, the CFR are not that loud. If you are running aftermarket pipes with no CAT, you will be louder. I roll in traffic, so I want to heard when twisting the throttle

Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by circlenine
I do not find them too loud at all. My bike is a 2012 and still has the cat (Meow), but even those that I've heard with it removed aren't too loud. At cruising speeds I have no problem hearing the radio. Locally I have no problems as well. Sure, romp on it and you know they are there, but ride casual/cruise and they quiet down.
I'm not disagreeing with you.

But that's basically how EVERY set of pipes or pipe/muffler combo I've read about here is described.... add the terms "BARK" and "WOT" and we're there LOL

You have to define "no problem hearing the radio". I had 2 1/2 baffles in my 4" Big Louies, and I had no problem hearing the stereo at 105mph. But they were still too loud.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I like my stereo to sound good, and be run at around half-ish.

I switched back to 2" baffles, and now the stereo sounds good at around half. If I want to jam, I can crank it up.

I have found some good earplugs though, completely cut the air noise out, and can barely hear the pipes, and the stereo sounds really good... I may go back to those 2 1/2's, they're on the shelf....

Old 07-04-2014, 08:44 AM
JOHN_E
Novice

Obnoxious as in loud? No. Obnoxious sound? Yes! I had a set of CFR's on my bike for just a few miles, didn't sound like a motorcycle but a muscle car. The old guys at the shop (who were into old cars) loved the sound though.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

They are only obnoxious if you think a deep rumbling Harley is obnoxious. I love mine. I have had pipes that are much louder and some that are quieter. My stereo is in the front of the bike, exhaust in the back, so I can still hear my stereo fine. Wind is more likely to keep me from hearing the stereo than any exhaust I choose.

Regardless, pipes are like women. Everyone likes something different.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Kicks
Tourer

For those who are using them, who's tune are you using?

Quick Reply: Obnoxious CFR