Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Comfort lift with shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Comfort lift with shocks

I just want to throw out a great job well done to DK Customs! Oh man what a difference. I had back surgery and this is the way to go, best money spent!!
These proaction shocks deliver and are everything DK says they are. Thank you DK!!

The following 3 users liked this post by Triglide16:
DK Custom (05-03-2018), Dmdrone (05-02-2018), RedOregon (05-17-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 08:18 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,953 Likes on 2,305 Posts

Originally Posted by Triglide16
I just want to throw out a great job well done to DK Customs! Oh man what a difference. I had back surgery and this is the way to go, best money spent!!
These proaction shocks deliver and are everything DK says they are. Thank you DK!!
Great to hear you are enjoying the improved ride! Always good to hear!

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Triglide16
I as well would like to thank DK Customs. Had Duane walk me through the order process and had my local dealer install them on my '16 TG. Put close to 200 miles on today. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Thanks guys!

Last edited by Firebike32; 05-05-2018 at 09:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (05-05-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 11:01 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,532 Likes on 1,622 Posts

MY riding partner just got his '16 TG and is very unhappy with the ride.
I convinced him to start making gradual changes (tire pressure/shock pressure) then a Comfort Lift kit and if he's still dissatisfied we can do the shock change.
Sound reasonable?

Old 05-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Tire pressure is huge.
Shock pressure is noticeable
Comfort ride plates are noticable
I am now working on the shocks after 4 months of riding my T/G

If I were to do it again, I'd do it all from the start.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:24 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
MY riding partner just got his '16 TG and is very unhappy with the ride.
I convinced him to start making gradual changes (tire pressure/shock pressure) then a Comfort Lift kit and if he's still dissatisfied we can do the shock change.
Sound reasonable?
Taking the tire PSI down to around 21 will make a good improvement, dialing in the air shocks will be an improvement. Adding the Convertible Comfort Lift™ kit will make steering easier, give better clearance for the exhaust, and also a small improvement in rear suspension ride quality.

If he still wants more, then he can add the 13" TA or PA shocks, which will work with his Convertible Comfort Lift™ Kit.

If he chose to go with the 14" PA shocks, then he will also need to get the 14" Convertible Comfort Lift™ Kit, as it is different than the one for the stock shocks.

Lift Kit LINK

Shocks LINK

Front Suspension REPORT

Rear Suspension REPORT

Old 05-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

I picked mine up today from getting the PA shocks and lift installed. Noticeable improvement in the ride, but REALLY noticeable improvement in the steering. Way less effort and not squirrelly at all......

YMMV

Lon

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 02:52 PM
AlanM
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,
I bought and installed your Comfort lift on my 2016 TriGlide in March 2017 and it made quite an improvement in handling. I would now like to add your 14" Pro-Action shocks. Unfortunately it appears they are not compatible with the Comfort Lift I currently have installed. Can you please confirm that my understanding is correct? If it is, then are there any other options other than replacing my Comfort Lift to accommodate the 14" stocks?

Thanks

Alan

Old 05-16-2018, 09:51 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by AlanM
Kevin,
I bought and installed your Comfort lift on my 2016 TriGlide in March 2017 and it made quite an improvement in handling. I would now like to add your 14" Pro-Action shocks. Unfortunately it appears they are not compatible with the Comfort Lift I currently have installed. Can you please confirm that my understanding is correct? If it is, then are there any other options other than replacing my Comfort Lift to accommodate the 14" stocks?

Thanks

Alan
Hi Alan,

The Comfort Lift™ for the Factory Shocks (they are 13") will not work with the 14" shocks. The 14" shocks need a Convertible Comfort Lift™ that is specifically designed for the 14" shocks. On the 17 & later models, there really is no way to run the 14" shocks without the special lift. You can call or email the shop (contact info below) and let them know your situation. They will help you out.

Old 05-17-2018, 05:28 AM
AlanM
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Hi Alan,

The Comfort Lift™ for the Factory Shocks (they are 13") will not work with the 14" shocks. The 14" shocks need a Convertible Comfort Lift™ that is specifically designed for the 14" shocks. On the 17 & later models, there really is no way to run the 14" shocks without the special lift. You can call or email the shop (contact info below) and let them know your situation. They will help you out.
Thanks Kevin, I will give them a call.

Quick Reply: Comfort lift with shocks