VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-Rod for Short Chic

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:12 PM
harley chic
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Rod for Short Chic

Hi Everyone! New to the forum. I have a Sportster 883L, only because I just got my motorcycle license in July and wanted something that fit me so that I could learn how to ride. I REALLY want a V-Rod. I'm 5' 3"...does anyone have input on the V-Rod "reach package" (seat, reach back bars, etc.) to make it fit shorter riders? If so, are there any other "chics" out there who have V-Rods and are happy or unhappy. I just want some input on this bike.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:27 AM
tmathers
Intermediate
Default RE: V-Rod for Short Chic

Greetings:

I'm not a chic but I'm 5' 2" and I ride a VROD. I commute 60 - 70 miles per day in Los Angeles, California and love it! I bought a Night Rod when they first came out. It fits me great and I can put both feet on the ground when I come to a stop. Plus it's really FAST. This is the best bike I have ever owned.

I'm sure you will like riding a Night Rod.

Terry

Old 01-30-2006, 09:53 AM
LOWRY
Advanced

Thanks for your input!!! So, I am assuming you didn't make any modifications to the bike to fit you better?

Old 02-02-2006, 11:01 PM
LOWRY
Advanced

Has ANYONE in here modified their V-Rod to fit their short stature??? My wife is seriously thinking about buying one (regardless of my opinion) and I was hoping to get some feedback. Pros. Cons. Whatever.

I've heard TERRIBLE things about how the V-Rod handles from some locals that have watched more than a few women dump 'em while doing simple cornering. Just tryin' to keep her from hurting herself.

Thanks in advance -
LOWRY

Old 02-08-2006, 10:07 PM
XL OCD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understanding is that the v-rod low speed cornering issue is with the bike's geometry, specifically the rake. I'm not sure if lowering it would help. The narrow seat will definately help with flat-footedness. Best of luck all.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:31 AM
uj034
Tourer

I gess Night Rod is a better choice.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Bikerbilt
Advanced

I'm 5' 11" and sat on a Nightrod Saturday at the showroom it felt just right to me - hope that helps a little?

Old 02-21-2006, 09:33 AM
LOWRY
Advanced
Default Short Chick bought the V-ROD !!!

Thanks Everyone -
Well .... My wife bought the V-Rod Saturday afternoon in Leesburg FL. It's a 2003. She took it for a 20 minute test-drive and that was all she needed to realize that this was the bike for her. She fit perfectly on it. I took it for a spin around the block after we got home and couldn't believe how great it rides. ALL OF THE NEIGHBORS were coming over to check out her bike. What a machine!!! I'll have her post a pic or two of our bikes this weekend. Hope to meet up with some of you at BIKE WEEK.
Later -
LOWRY

Old 01-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Nikker1985
Advanced

The V Rod is a pretty short bike, when it comes to reaching the ground. Noboy will have a problem with that as it is one of the lowest production bikes.
It is hard for a short person to reach the foot pegs since they are too front. You can use a different seat with more back support to bring you closer to them and also give more space to the passenger.
It is also very easy to put them pegs where street rod has them, wich is right below the seat. There will definatelly be no problem there.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:41 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just get used to balancing it with one foot on the ground. that is what is was like with sport bikes...You can do it. Flat footing is nice, but now always possible in my opinion...

Quick Reply: V-Rod for Short Chic