VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Trask Turbo Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 02:32 AM
Tbones
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trask Turbo Arrived

Rec'd my turbo today The system is sweet! The install cd is very good and straight forward which is nice. No hidden or missed install points. I started the install tonight and will finish up tomorrow. Once I get it all together and running then I'll take her for a spin. I'll post the results and some pic's of the bike when it's finished. I'm still waiting on my 5 inch pro-cycle tach with shift light. That should be in next week. Once that's done then I'll order the Pingel electric shift kit. I gotta find a reputable shop that has a dyno to fine tune this bad boy. If there is anyone here from Washington state and knows of a good shop that the tech's know what they are doing on a dyno, let me know. Thanks.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:24 PM
NightStar
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Trask Turbo Arrived

Are they that easy to install or do you need more thant the average set of tools?

Old 05-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Tbones
Intermediate

NightStar - Yup, it's pretty straight forward. You don't need any specialty tools, just basic hand tools for the install. Trask sends a Installation Guide CD that is very good... I put it in my lap top and just followed the Technician on the CD however, I messed up and broke the clutch spring plate when I was diassembling the clutch pack... I had to rush order a new plate, it will be here Tuesday... That sucked cause I was looking forward to taking her out for a spin... I'll take some pic's tomorrow and post... I'm dog tired, it takes every bit of 10 hours to install the system but it sure looks bad on the bike I am still waiting on my tach and will be ordering the Pingel electric shift kit in the next couple of weeks... I changed out the bars to 1 1/4 inch T-bars and removed the stock instrument cluster and replaced it with a Dakota digital speedo... The tach is a 5 inch pro-cycle with shift light... The stock tach is too difficult for me to see so I went with the 5 inch tach... I have to say Trask puts together a very good kit... Everything was there, all the pieces fit the way they are suppose to... If you thinking about getting one, I recommend you do so, very solid kit throughout... Cya

Old 05-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Tbones
Intermediate

Whelp, here it is... Now I have to wait until Tuesday before I can take her for a spin [:'(]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57708/14372D7B6F8F4C8D88DB276D26BACCDA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57708/E2FE8C4BDB0647898C99E9F1EACC6FB8.jpg[/IMG]