VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Unsold V-RODS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM
srobby
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went to see the bikes and basically his attitude is that he is NOT going to take a loss on them no matter what. He would not budge from 12K even with a cash offer. Actually told me he doesn't care how long they sit there! I have been looking at Craigs list and see much better deals so I'll keep looking. Thanks for the comments

Old 03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sometimes I can't believe how DUMB people can be (meaning the dealer).

Right, so pay taxes on a dust magnet...good call!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Slim_B_Kool
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the dealer ain't willing to deal, and the bike is 4 or 5 years old. I would walk away and find another dealer. Just remember you can get a new 11 DX for less than $15,000. I wouldn't give over $9,000 for either one and that would be pushing it pretty hard. The dealer really doesn't sound like he wants to deal or he would be ready to get rid of these bikes.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 511 Likes on 294 Posts

V-Rods sell like hot cakes in NZ, really surprised to know of a couple that have remained unsold for so long!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:35 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A dealer by me had a beautiful brand new 2010 Nightrod Special (Black w Orange Stripes) for $13k but I dont think that included tax or any other fees. It was a pretty nice ride and I wouldn't mind having it as a "fun" bike. If I had the extra coin, I would have thrown them an offer. It didn't last long once they dropped the price from MSRP.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:58 PM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srobby
I went to see the bikes and basically his attitude is that he is NOT going to take a loss on them no matter what. He would not budge from 12K even with a cash offer. Actually told me he doesn't care how long they sit there! I have been looking at Craigs list and see much better deals so I'll keep looking. Thanks for the comments
I was taught many years ago that you are never really negotiating unless you are willing to walk away. Well it is definitely time for you to walk away from that very unreasonable dealer.

I'm really glad he has two bikes so he can have a set of bookends because that is all he will ever do with them with his attitude. There is an '06 at a dealer here in Houston with 1683 miles on her for asking price of $8900. Probably could pick it up for $7900.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:37 AM
IWantAStreetRod
2nd Gear

I'd let it sit there and wait for more dust to pile on. Still a better deal than what a Victory dealer wanted for a used Hammer.....$18k.....WTF!!.....he's out of business.....boo hoo...

Last edited by IWantAStreetRod; 04-06-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: because
Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Wonderbob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As others have said he is paying for his inventory every year and the tax man is loving him that way. On the other hand if the bikes have even a few miles on them they may have been moved on his books from new stock to demo stock or written off completely, which could translate into a bigger profit by reducing his income with more (depreciation) expense.

The problem comes when he sells them (if he ever does), he'll have to pay tax on the gross sale which is now his profit, as opposed to a small dealer markup. This may be a timing issue for him now and he may be waiting for a year with minimal profits.

So in short, as said find another dealer or wait. Either this one has really good profits (very hard to believe in this economy) or he's an idiot. Or he can read the future and he's saving them for when they are worth a fortune as collectors items in which case he may be proven to be a genius!

Cool bike though, I've always kind of wondered why HD makes it. It's designed to appeal to the younger crowd and HD needs that now more than ever. The only problem is younger folks who want a cool bike have a lot of choices so why buy a "red headed step sister" which the traditionalists spend everyday bad mouthing the product even though it has the same name on it as the one they own.

Us dyed in the wool air cooled HD guys have never been marketed to with regards to the VSRC, like one of the other posters indicated we don't want anymore stripped down street bikes!

Last edited by Wonderbob; 04-06-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I sold my air cooled '09 Street Glide and kept my stripped down street bike aka VROD. I kept the one I always picked first to ride.

Although I do miss my carbureted HD...those were "real" bikes...lol.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Mobius570
Intermediate

I was in the market of buying a VROD a few weeks ago. Found a '06 R at a local dealer with 5400 miles and a $8700 price tag. I tried to get him to $8000 even with no luck. The next day found a '06 A with 7000 miles on it and LOTS of extra including limited paint, plus the dealer gave me the original tins as well. I walked away with that bike for $8000 even plus 1 year extended warranty. Extras on my bike includde, saddlebags, luggage rack, reach seat (plus original seat), V&H pipes (Dyno Tuned), passenger floor boards, and limited paint set. Plus the dealer put a brand new rear tire on it, that hasn't hit the street yet.

Just keep shopping, I searched four states before I found my great deal.

Last edited by Mobius570; 04-08-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Unsold V-RODS