2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 02:55 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Congrats...good looking scoot. Welcome to the new Heritage club

Now with a few $k additional you can make it yours and yours alone.

I'm sure you have been reading the threads herein. The first mods you shoud consider right away are Fangs (fork mounted wind deflectors) and a recurve windshied. They almost eliminate wind buffeting, making riding it much more comfortable. Then a improved seat, upgraded air breather, handlbar risers, LED's all around, engine guard, sissy bar with luggage rack, etc., ect., ect.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Last edited by FrankEV; 01-27-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:45 AM
pigfoot63
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts
Default PegBoards and Ultimate Seat installed

Got my new PegBoards and Ultimate seat headed out to road test.

The following 2 users liked this post by pigfoot63:
not_so_newb (01-29-2019), Tom Thompson (01-31-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 03:08 PM
pigfoot63
Tourer

I am very satisfied with both the seat and new floor boards. I have had the seat for a couple of weeks great improvement over the stock seat. I installed the PegBoards this morning
and took a two hour test ride. The seat along with these new boards make this one comfortable ride.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:59 AM
sandrooney
Road Master
Received 262 Likes on 176 Posts

Who makes those peg boards? Thanks

Old 01-29-2019, 07:49 AM
pigfoot63
Tourer
Default PegBoards

Originally Posted by sandrooney
Who makes those peg boards? Thanks
pegboards.com They have a bunch of pics and some good videos, also check youtube he has a great install video on installing on the 2018 models.

The following users liked this post:
not_so_newb (01-29-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 09:45 AM
Tom Thompson
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default stage 2

Hi every one. I was thinking about doing a stage 2, on my 2018 FLHC. My Harley dealer wants me to go with a zippers 468 cam. I am concerned about my warranty. My dealer says i wont louse it , they will back me up. what do you all think. Also they quoted me 9 hrs dyno time and labor. Seams like a lot of time, to me

Old 01-31-2019, 10:38 AM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,229 Likes on 1,268 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Thompson
Hi every one. I was thinking about doing a stage 2, on my 2018 FLHC. My Harley dealer wants me to go with a zippers 468 cam. I am concerned about my warranty. My dealer says i wont louse it , they will back me up. what do you all think. Also they quoted me 9 hrs dyno time and labor. Seams like a lot of time, to me
That's a curious stance for a dealer to take. Get it in writing from them that if Harley voids your powertrain warranty or refuses any warranty claim, that the dealer will pay for it. If they won't, then -- seriously, find another dealer.

Here's the problem -- if you use an aftermarket non-EPA cam, it may amount to defeating the EPA emissions control system on your bike, which is expressly called out in your warranty as something that will void your warranty. Now, if the cam doesn't actually cause emissions outside of EPA compliance, then ... technically, by the letter of the law, Harley cannot void your warranty under the Magnusson Moss act (unless the cam specifically causes the failure of an otherwise covered part). But here's the thing -- if it doesn't go beyond EPA compliance, then -- why not just get the Harley cam, which delivers about all the performance you can get and stay within EPA compliance? Because the real issue is, it's probably not possible to properly tune an aftermarket cam using the Harley tuner. Aftermarket cam generally means needing to use an aftermarket tuner. And if you use an aftermarket tuner, your powertrain warranty is toast, immediately. But if you go around riding on a bike that's tuned wrong, and the reason it is tuned wrong is the cam, then -- well, that can cause problems, and those are specifically the situations where the Magnusson Moss act won't protect you, and Harley would be in their rights to deny warranty claims in those areas.

So ask your dealer what tuner they plan to use on the 468 cam. If they say they are going to use a PowerVision or TTS or something, anything other than the Harley Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner, then -- your warranty will be voided as per the federal courts, and if your dealer tells you otherwise, run like hell from that dealer.

If they say they're going to use the Harley SEPST tuner, then ... well, technically, they may be right, but you'd have to ask the professional tuner guys here (like "harleytuner" or Bob Lobenberg or Steve Cole or Jamie at Fuelmoto) if they think a bike can be properly tuned with an RS468 by the SEPST. If it can, then ...

Last edited by FatBob2018; 01-31-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:52 AM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Thompson
Curious what dealer you are going to. I live near Wilmington Ohio and have been to most the dealers in the area. Personally I don't care too much for any of the dealers' service departments or trust what I hear from them for that matter.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:12 PM
Tom Thompson
Novice

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
That's a curious stance for a dealer to take. Get it in writing from them that if Harley voids your powertrain warranty or refuses any warranty claim, that the dealer will pay for it. If they won't, then -- seriously, find another dealer.

Here's the problem -- if you use an aftermarket non-EPA cam, it may amount to defeating the EPA emissions control system on your bike, which is expressly called out in your warranty as something that will void your warranty. Now, if the cam doesn't actually cause emissions outside of EPA compliance, then ... technically, by the letter of the law, Harley cannot void your warranty under the Magnusson Moss act (unless the cam specifically causes the failure of an otherwise covered part). But here's the thing -- if it doesn't go beyond EPA compliance, then -- why not just get the Harley cam, which delivers about all the performance you can get and stay within EPA compliance? Because the real issue is, it's probably not possible to properly tune an aftermarket cam using the Harley tuner. Aftermarket cam generally means needing to use an aftermarket tuner. And if you use an aftermarket tuner, your powertrain warranty is toast, immediately. But if you go around riding on a bike that's tuned wrong, and the reason it is tuned wrong is the cam, then -- well, that can cause problems, and those are specifically the situations where the Magnusson Moss act won't protect you, and Harley would be in their rights to deny warranty claims in those areas.

So ask your dealer what tuner they plan to use on the 468 cam. If they say they are going to use a PowerVision or TTS or something, anything other than the Harley Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner, then -- your warranty will be voided as per the federal courts, and if your dealer tells you otherwise, run like hell from that dealer.

If they say they're going to use the Harley SEPST tuner, then ... well, technically, they may be right, but you'd have to ask the professional tuner guys here (like "harleytuner" or Bob Lobenberg or Steve Cole or Jamie at Fuelmoto) if they think a bike can be properly tuned with an RS468 by the SEPST. If it can, then ...
They’re going to use the power vision tune. I’m sure the zipper Cam is not EPA compliant . But what I have read it is one of the best cams for the Milwaukee eight engine . I called the next dealer closest to me which they would use a SE cam and They would also do the Dina vision tune .Both dealers said the SE tuner Is not much good for anything

Old 01-31-2019, 12:15 PM
Tom Thompson
Novice

Originally Posted by kenny55
Curious what dealer you are going to. I live near Wilmington Ohio and have been to most the dealers in the area. Personally I don't care too much for any of the dealers' service departments or trust what I hear from them for that matter.
Not gonna say dealer names. I live a little north of Dayton

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread