Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Air Ride System?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:20 PM
m.newsome
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Ride System?

I am looking at the Arnott Air Ride System for my 08 Rocker C. I have heard great things and the installation looks fairly simple. Any suggestions?

Old 11-19-2009, 10:12 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

I don't thing there are that many riders that use them. lot of progressive 422's and others.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:43 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use it and it is great. Go to arnott.com or call them. They have great customer service. Mention that you are a member here for a discount.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:57 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the features the Arnott has, I would personally go with the Hi-Lo system for about half as much. If I'm dropping $9-1000 (from what I've seen that looks like their price) I'm going with a Shotgun or a Platinum bleed-feed setup that gives you a lot more control.

You'll get a lot of opinions here, no doubt, and most everyone seems to be pleased with the choices they've currently made. As someone who hasn't made a purchase yet, I'll tell you that I will be going with a Shotgun Shock when I do purchase.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,953 Likes on 2,175 Posts

2 plus years on mine, works like it's supposed to.

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:44 PM
DevilDogg
Tourer

I have it on my 08 rocker and I have to say you should probably put your money somewhere else. I would have liked more of a dramatic difference for that much money. I'm sure I'll catch some backlash for saying its a pain in the **** to put on, but it was (and I've been buiding cars since I was 14). I even broke my jackstand trying to get the stock shocks off from putting so much torque on them. Anyhow, I'd probably go with a really good set of shocks and put the savings into another project if I were you.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:44 AM
franki_22ca
Intermediate

[QUOTE=DevilDogg;5875605]I have it on my 08 rocker and I have to say you should probably put your money somewhere else. I would have liked more of a dramatic difference for that much money. I'm sure I'll catch some backlash for saying its a pain in the **** to put on, but it was (and I've been buiding cars since I was 14). I even broke my jackstand trying to get the stock shocks off from putting so much torque on them. Anyhow, I'd probably go with a really good set of shocks and put the savings into another project if I were you.[/QUOT

uve been building cars for that long and it was hard for u to put on, my friend u must be doing things backwards, its so easy its a joke, im sorry but that makes me laugh!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 10:07 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

So easy a caveman can do it!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 10:08 PM
DevilDogg
Tourer

Noticed I preceeded my comment with acknowledging that I'd get backlash for saying it was a pain? Anyhow, I know it SHOULDNT be but in MY experience it was a pain. I finally took it to the dealership to have them break the bolts loose with their air tools (since I do everything with the oldfashion arm power) and even they had a hard time breaking it loose. Other than getting the stock shocks off, it wasnt tough, just the normal time consuming part of running/hiding all the wires. However, bottom line is that I stick by saying that I'd spend the money somewhere else if i were you but its your bike, do what you think is best. I'd rather have spent the roughly $1200 on something else.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDogg
I have it on my 08 rocker and I have to say you should probably put your money somewhere else. I would have liked more of a dramatic difference for that much money. I'm sure I'll catch some backlash for saying its a pain in the **** to put on, but it was (and I've been buiding cars since I was 14). I even broke my jackstand trying to get the stock shocks off from putting so much torque on them. Anyhow, I'd probably go with a really good set of shocks and put the savings into another project if I were you.

Man don't feel bad ...getting those f*kn stock shocks (right side) off are a pain in the a$$. Those bolts are damm tightened down...crazy tight....

Best way to get them loose is a wrench and a rubber mallet.

Or maybe go to 24hr fitness then work out for about 5 yrs. go back to those bolts and pull till your brain pops....

As for the Arnett system????? ElSupremo got it right...Why pay a grand+ for that system when you can get a Hi-LOW by Buddy systems for half the price with a lifetime warrenty...

For a $1000.00 there are much better systems out there....

Quick Reply: Air Ride System?