Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio System FAQ's

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroked16
Just purchased a RF PBR300x4 amp; American bass SQ6.9 (one of the threads here said they were great for the price). I'm not really looking for anything fantastic, just adding speakers to the lids so my wife can enjoy music while riding.

I'm still deciding if I need to upgrade the fairing speakers...

The plan is to install the amp in the fairing. Then run the lid speakers on one channel and the fairing speakers on another channel. What say the experts?

definitely not not an expert but I can tell ya no one will like the pbr 300x4 as an amp choice. You probably won't want to amplify the stock fairing speakers either. If you post your own thread people will guide you towards a good package

Old 02-08-2018, 01:08 PM
yank721
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Outkast6991

definitely not not an expert but I can tell ya no one will like the pbr 300x4 as an amp choice. You probably won't want to amplify the stock fairing speakers either. If you post your own thread people will guide you towards a good package

Yes to all of this, start a thread with what your goals are! Number of speaker, place,ent of speakers, budget...

The the forum can start to help

Old 02-08-2018, 02:35 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroked16
Just purchased a RF PBR300x4 amp; American bass SQ6.9 (one of the threads here said they were great for the price). I'm not really looking for anything fantastic, just adding speakers to the lids so my wife can enjoy music while riding.

I'm still deciding if I need to upgrade the fairing speakers...

The plan is to install the amp in the fairing. Then run the lid speakers on one channel and the fairing speakers on another channel. What say the experts?
Can you return the amp? That's where I'd start.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:11 PM
actfitwil
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post, I do have questions as I am about do my install. I have a 2017 RG speacial.
My Plan- 2 hertz MPX Mille Pro 6.5 4 ohm, and 2 St25 hertz 4 ohm driver tweeter, for front fairing running off Diamond Micro MV4,
and 4 6x9 Piooneers 4 ohm in rear saddlebag running off Alpine 4 channel X-A70F 120 RMS.
all though I have DSR1 and keeping stock HU I am heading to Dealer to have flash done today to activate rear channel. Nothing installed yet to avoid dealer questions.
My question is: The way i plan to connect everything each speaker will have its own channel so no need to parallel anything. Doing it this way from reading your post , will i miss out on increasing power by not runing in Parallel? Am I on the right path or not? should I bridge channels and leave some channel for future add ons (possible sub woofer) if i need ?I would like to get the most out of these components. I have one last question,will I need to do a crossbride for ST25's? I appreciate any expert answers and advice, just keep in mind I have purchased everything already and I am a total newbie to the audio world but i love to DIY. After install I will take to a local pro shop to tune and set gains. Thanks in advance

Last edited by actfitwil; 02-10-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:47 PM
PstrGolf
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK...so, I'm with uplandpinter - a newbie trying to get the info I need to install some new aftermarket speakers and an amp on a 1995 Electra Glide, whose eyes are quickly glazing over as I try to wade through all this technical info... I've done a lot of mechanical work and a tiny bit of wiring but (to be honest) I'm a little overwhelmed and feeling outta my league. :-/ I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some direction on how best to wire this system...??

Equipment:Thank a million, in advance, for any direction that anyone would be willing to give!!

Old 02-15-2018, 07:56 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by PstrGolf
OK...so, I'm with uplandpinter - a newbie trying to get the info I need to install some new aftermarket speakers and an amp on a 1995 Electra Glide, whose eyes are quickly glazing over as I try to wade through all this technical info... I've done a lot of mechanical work and a tiny bit of wiring but (to be honest) I'm a little overwhelmed and feeling outta my league. :-/ I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some direction on how best to wire this system...??

Equipment:Thank a million, in advance, for any direction that anyone would be willing to give!!
Have you already purchased all of these items?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:34 PM
PstrGolf
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SBates08
Have you already purchased all of these items?
yes... However I may have some flexibility in returning or exchanging some of the items. I did get the Soundstream PN4.1000D amp...not the PN1.1000D

Old 02-15-2018, 09:41 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by PstrGolf
yes... However I may have some flexibility in returning or exchanging some of the items. I did get the Soundstream PN4.1000D amp...not the PN1.1000D
I realize that your probably shooting for a budget install but I would definitely return the speakers and start over. You'll never be satisfied with those PYLE for certain. I noticed you stated 2 pair of 6x9's. How are you installing these? Double lids, single lids with one inside each bags, or both mounted in the bags?

Old 02-16-2018, 05:48 AM
PstrGolf
6th Gear

I realize that your probably shooting for a budget install but I would definitely return the speakers and start over. You'll never be satisfied with those PYLE for certain. I noticed you stated 2 pair of 6x9's. How are you installing these? Double lids, single lids with one inside each bags, or both mounted in the bags?
First of all, thanks for the reply! yeah, I was going for more of a budget install but if I can find some comprable speakers that aren't much more, I don't mind going that route. The Pyle speakers we're actually something I picked up very cheap, so I don't have much into them. After researching a lot of options, I decided to go with dual lids...with (2) 6x9 speakers in each lid. The Rockvilles for the bags were actually rated very high online and don't have weep holes... So there's less of a chance that I'll get water leaking into the bags. My plan was to cover them with black mellotone speaker fabric that's been treated with a water repellent., just for a bit of insurance ... another suggestion I found online. Thanks, again!

The following users liked this post:
pkdels (11-09-2022)
Old 02-16-2018, 06:12 AM
PstrGolf
6th Gear

First of all, thanks for the reply! yeah, I was going for more of a budget install but if I can find some better speakers that aren't much more, I don't mind going that route. The Pyle speakers we're actually something I picked up very cheap, so I don't have much into them. After researching a lot of options, I decided to go with dual lids...with (2) 6x9 speakers in each lid. The Rockvilles for the bags were actually rated very high online and don't have weep holes, so there's less of a chance that I'll get water leaking into the bags. My plan was to cover them with black mellotone speaker fabric that's been treated with a water repellent., just for a bit of insurance ... another suggestion I found online. Thanks, again!

Last edited by PstrGolf; 02-16-2018 at 06:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Audio System FAQ's