Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psa about DSP. This is a must read

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 10:26 AM
flcusat
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
I've used the Fix, the Twk and PSM.....we're dealers for both Arc and JL. The PSM is smaller and much easier to fit places. Also the EQ while only 7 bands has user defined frequency bands. Downside is that it's only 6 channels but there's there just about enough on there to make it a great tool with size and options. The Twk is bigger but also has 8 channels and that's a HUGE plus. The tuning options are similar but the EQ has more bands but not user defined. It's an awesome unit if you have the space and you don't need a Fix to you use it. The Fix is a very bland unit when it comes to tuning...it flattens the signal and provides a basic EQ for four channels.
Thanks Alex.
By the way at what time are you usually at the shop?

Old 07-21-2017, 03:10 PM
flcusat
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
The tuning options are similar but the EQ has more bands but not user defined.
Alex, I just opened the TUn and I'm playing with the settings, and I'm able to change the bands of the EQ to what ever value I want. May be they did an upgrade recently that allows this to happen.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:56 PM
azlou66
Road Captain

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

There has been alot of DSP questions lately, some from me, so I wanted to bump this thread up. Maybe keep the DSP questions localized.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:02 PM
azlou66
Road Captain

My set up is Sony 310 HU, focal KRC 165 k2's off a B52 front stage, Pioneer 6900 Pro's in lids DD VO M8's in bags the rear channels off a TN4-900D so would i benefit from a DSP?

Old 03-20-2018, 10:35 PM
azlou66
Road Captain

Slye there have been alot of posts about the DSR1, any input?

Old 05-23-2018, 10:11 PM
18street
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help appreciated..dsp?

After reading the thread, I still would like to get some input. I own a 2018 Street Glide Special that I have installed a Rockford Fosgate 300 punch amp and Rockford Fosgate 6.5 full range fairing speakers (TMS65). I was told by Rockford Fosgate to flash the radio at a dealer for them or at Harley. I contacted the dealer, they acted not so nice, I contacted a Rockford Fosgate dealer, he said I could get him to flash the radio for $100 & possibly take the risk of losing the upgraded stage one performance being wiped out. He said he has seen thus happen multiple times, leaving customers like me running in circles wasting money. He also said I run a risk of blowing the speakers. So after hours of reading the internet, watching videos, and contacting Rockford Fosgate, Harley dealers, Cruthfield...I am still looking for the answer. My new speakers and amp with factory boom audio box do not perform. It will cut out on Bluetooth and it's not much louder or any difference than the factory speakers. I read that I need an adapter and the arc dsp. I found americanhardbagger.com sells the adapter and dsp, so input..is this a fix for my issues? Thanks

Old 05-23-2018, 10:20 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by 18street
After reading the thread, I still would like to get some input. I own a 2018 Street Glide Special that I have installed a Rockford Fosgate 300 punch amp and Rockford Fosgate 6.5 full range fairing speakers (TMS65). I was told by Rockford Fosgate to flash the radio at a dealer for them or at Harley. I contacted the dealer, they acted not so nice, I contacted a Rockford Fosgate dealer, he said I could get him to flash the radio for $100 & possibly take the risk of losing the upgraded stage one performance being wiped out. He said he has seen thus happen multiple times, leaving customers like me running in circles wasting money. He also said I run a risk of blowing the speakers. So after hours of reading the internet, watching videos, and contacting Rockford Fosgate, Harley dealers, Cruthfield...I am still looking for the answer. My new speakers and amp with factory boom audio box do not perform. It will cut out on Bluetooth and it's not much louder or any difference than the factory speakers. I read that I need an adapter and the arc dsp. I found americanhardbagger.com sells the adapter and dsp, so input..is this a fix for my issues? Thanks
You need a Line Leveler (BT355) from Biketronics. You don't need a DSP with the setup your running.

The following users liked this post:
18street (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 10:27 PM
18street
2nd Gear

Thanks for reading and replying. As I want to fix this and not spend a weeks pay check. I will look this up to make a purchase and hope this works. Again, thanks.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:56 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
You need a Line Leveler (BT355) from Biketronics. You don't need a DSP with the setup your running.

You don't need to see a dealer. Just a front BT355 Line Leveler.

This will get you in a great place regarding the audio signal. As for the RF equipment, we wish you would have stopped by earlier as that is not the stuff you wanted to buy. It will serve its purpose for now but u will grow out of it pretty fast, especially after you hear other stuff that's on the market.

Enjoy the hell out of what you have but before ur next purchase, check in here for some light reading.

T.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:08 AM
18street
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Tailwind

You don't need to see a dealer. Just a front BT355 Line Leveler.

This will get you in a great place regarding the audio signal. As for the RF equipment, we wish you would have stopped by earlier as that is not the stuff you wanted to buy. It will serve its purpose for now but u will grow out of it pretty fast, especially after you hear other stuff that's on the market.

Enjoy the hell out of what you have but before ur next purchase, check in here for some light reading.

T.
I will try it. Now, you stated that there is better, so for when I can, what do you recommend as an upgrade? Front, amp, and for saddlebag speakers?

Quick Reply: Psa about DSP. This is a must read