Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psa about DSP. This is a must read

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 06:22 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts
Default Psa about DSP. This is a must read

I will no go into technical details here. Keeping it very simple. A dsp will allow more expansion and control over any system than most can fathom. Most but not all here will have no clue on what to do with it. Now to keep this simple the new DSP coming out has a GUI ( graphic user interface) like most all do today. The great thing is preset calibration and custom tailored calibration can be saved and sent with the dsp when purchased through the right vendor. Also the few of us who can use them will also help and we can make these as easy as possible to use for you. Until we get to that point I just wanted everyone to take a slight break, allow just a bit of time to get things all dialed in, and the announcement will be made when it is ready for market, and support can be provided by vendor and user. So don't jump the gun and go buy something yet, and please be patient. The reward will far outweigh the presumably short waiting period. Bagger Audio Labs will surely chime in with what he has now that will be best and what he advises those to wait for that is coming soon.

Last edited by slyedog; 01-31-2017 at 06:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pglider (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 08:11 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Yeah DSP have been around a while a there's a few out there JL, DD, Audio Control, etc but like Slye said these things are not easy to set. Most have 32 band EQ's, or 9 band parametric, with 8 channels in and out, time alignment etc. Its not a magic pill solution. So guys don't get ahead of yourself when these things normally cost around 400 bucks and takes time to set up. A canned setting won't work when you have that many setting, different set ups, different rider preferences. I can tell you that my competition settings are not the same as my riding settings. There's neat stuff coming out all day, technology is always getting better and that's awesome for us the users but Slyes post is dead on.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:30 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
I will no go into technical details here. Keeping it very simple. A dsp will allow more expansion and control over any system than most can fathom. Most but not all here will have no clue on what to do with it. Now to keep this simple the new DSP coming out has a GUI ( graphic user interface) like most all do today. The great thing is preset calibration and custom tailored calibration can be saved and sent with the dsp when purchased through the right vendor. Also the few of us who can use them will also help and we can make these as easy as possible to use for you. Until we get to that point I just wanted everyone to take a slight break, allow just a bit of time to get things all dialed in, and the announcement will be made when it is ready for market, and support can be provided by vendor and user. So don't jump the gun and go buy something yet, and please be patient. The reward will far outweigh the presumably short waiting period. Bagger Audio Labs will surely chime in with what he has now that will be best and what he advises those to wait for that is coming soon.
Why is it that every time I think I am getting close to being able to get this all going I feel like I take a step back. I was actually sitting here today thinking that I would talk with Haze and see if we can start getting some of the parts and speakers ordered up so I will be ready when this little DSP is finally released. I have no intention of this being plug and play, heck I plan on spending hours upon hours getting things dialed in with the assistance of other here (insert you and Haze)

Dang it, lets get this thing into production and software going!!!!!!!!

Pete

Old 01-31-2017, 08:55 PM
617south
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(Sounds good) keep us posted. See what I did their

Old 01-31-2017, 09:00 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess i dont mind the wait as long i dont have to change what i order From BAL now,if i just have to just add DSP later no big deal

Old 01-31-2017, 10:01 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Any build with a need for a dsp will and should utilize it. My intention here is just to keep the cart behind the horse. A build will improve depending on the complexity and design of the setup. Just want to make all aware to consult your build and if you can use one it will be used. In the right hands great things will happen, in the wrong hands it will do nothing but make things sound worse.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:16 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by pdevore
Why is it that every time I think I am getting close to being able to get this all going I feel like I take a step back. I was actually sitting here today thinking that I would talk with Haze and see if we can start getting some of the parts and speakers ordered up so I will be ready when this little DSP is finally released. I have no intention of this being plug and play, heck I plan on spending hours upon hours getting things dialed in with the assistance of other here (insert you and Haze)

Dang it, lets get this thing into production and software going!!!!!!!!

Pete
Pete the JL Twk88 also fits in your bike. I could get it for you today.

I just don't have any settings for you....."yet".

Old 02-01-2017, 12:12 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/dsr1

I know it's not out yet but based on the specs is this one that Matt posted going to be hamstrung until they get a flash from Harley for it or will it work independently minus the maestro oem features integration?

Old 02-01-2017, 12:27 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
Pete the JL Twk88 also fits in your bike. I could get it for you today.

I just don't have any settings for you....."yet".
Oh no, I am waiting.... just not very patient at it....
I want the exact set up we are discussing and plan to have plenty of fun with it.

Thanks

Old 02-01-2017, 07:29 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Thats it. I'm putting 5 DSPs in my bike and it's gonna make my new J&M setup out of this world LOL!

Completely joking. I've messed around in a couple studios back in my rocker days and having control over the sound with Pro Tools on multi channel mixing boards with 32 and 48+ band EQs along with all of the other things can be daunting. Like said before, using a DSP may not be for everyone

Quick Reply: Psa about DSP. This is a must read