Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers in fairings not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:09 PM
SinglePipedSG
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Speakers in fairings not working

New to the forums and new to bikes here. Took my MSF course and was hooked. A friend talked me into buying his 09 SG and it's been a dream to ride. Saturday I was out for a ride and my speakers would cut in and out and eventually at the end of the ride we're not working. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Bike has always been well maintained so I know how it's been taken care of. Maybe a loose or chafed wire? Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks! Matt

Old 09-20-2017, 08:20 PM
uplandpinter
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Open up the fairing and take a look. Check the wiring to see if it is a loose wire. Then let us know what you have in there. Is it stock, after market, amp, no amp.... Then the guys on here will guide you through your next/first up grade. lol

No seriously let us know what is in there and the guys will help you out.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:24 PM
SinglePipedSG
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uplandpinter
Open up the fairing and take a look. Check the wiring to see if it is a loose wire. Then let us know what you have in there. Is it stock, after market, amp, no amp.... Then the guys on here will guide you through your next/first up grade. lol

No seriously let us know what is in there and the guys will help you out.
Appreciate that! Has jl audio speakers in the fairing and think it's got an amp in it as well. Don't mind me as I am very green to motorcycles. Rode snowmobiles and ATVs for years so I am mechanically inclined. Also on a side topic the timing cover torx heads are t10 from what I've read. Can someone confirm? Thanks!