Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BT355 Line Leveler

Old 02-28-2018, 09:11 PM
nwihawk
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BT355 Line Leveler

I'm running 2 speakers to the lids and two up front on a '17 SGS. I've been advised to get the BT 355 line leveler. I go to order it and it asks me to choose the connection and radio type. The radio type is easy enough. The connection has three options: universal, front, and Street/Classic/Road In-Fairing Rear Speaker Connector. Which one am I choosing? Thank you.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:54 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by nwihawk
I'm running 2 speakers to the lids and two up front on a '17 SGS. I've been advised to get the BT 355 line leveler. I go to order it and it asks me to choose the connection and radio type. The radio type is easy enough. The connection has three options: universal, front, and Street/Classic/Road In-Fairing Rear Speaker Connector. Which one am I choosing? Thank you.
Call Donna and order with her. She will hook up up with exactly what u need. Don't forget the forum and Military discounts.

The only real question u will need to determine prior to the call is do u want fade control or not. If u do u will need the front LL and the rear one specific to that plug that is currently capped. Not a breakout harness. Just a rear SGS LL.

T.

The following users liked this post:
nwihawk (03-01-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 11:58 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

You either need the front or both front and rear, I went with both had my HU flashed and I now have the fader control, I just felt it was the right way to go.

nwihawk (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 09:00 AM
Wam
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Not trying to but into this thread, but can someone explain to me the need for the line leveler?
The reason I ask is, I just upgraded my system. I have the Arc Moto 600.4 and their wiring harness. I have 4 speakers, 2 in the fairing and 2 in the tour pack. My bike is a 2016 ultra classic with the 6.5 HU. All I had to do was turn the bass all the way down, set treble to center and turn speed volume off, no flash. Now I may not know what is good clear sound, but it seems that way to me. I did a video on my phone walking away and you can hear it clear at 200 yards. Just trying to understand the line leveler.
Allen

Old 03-01-2018, 10:27 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Wam
Not trying to but into this thread, but can someone explain to me the need for the line leveler?
The reason I ask is, I just upgraded my system. I have the Arc Moto 600.4 and their wiring harness. I have 4 speakers, 2 in the fairing and 2 in the tour pack. My bike is a 2016 ultra classic with the 6.5 HU. All I had to do was turn the bass all the way down, set treble to center and turn speed volume off, no flash. Now I may not know what is good clear sound, but it seems that way to me. I did a video on my phone walking away and you can hear it clear at 200 yards. Just trying to understand the line leveler.
Allen
HD was very coy when they developed the boom box system. When sitting still on acc the system sound phenomenal. Hence that is what sells the system on the showroom. With the bike running, the informant system has a built in dynamic bass and treble set up to compensate for the lack of speaker response giving the stock hd setup a very large curve with bass and treble power while going down the road especially with avc turned on. That large power curve is very bad on amps and speakers especially aftermarket installs. The line levelers flatten out that power curve so not to blow an amp or speakers. HD dealers cant flatten out that curve because they want you to purchase their system spending a ton of $$ for HD products.
With that being said biketronic's made the line levelers to do what the dealers can't. Flatten out the power curve. You can accomplish the same results with a dsm but that requires a whole different tuning dynamic.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Wam
Tourer

So turning the avc off helps with the curb?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:55 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

it will but as you ride you will notice low and high end distortion from your system depending on what song and source it is coming from. Over a period of time that will cause speakers or your amp to blow. Even stock hd cvo systems have problem with amps burning up and those 5x7 rear speakers blowing. it happens all the time. The worse thing on any speaker is distortion. Screaming highs and booming lows aren't as hard as distortion on speakers.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Wam
Tourer

Thanks for the info

Old 03-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Wam
Tourer

Ok, I am not arguing or disputing what you said. I talked to the guy at Arc audio. He agreed about the source and it causing distortion. He also said that with their amp and wiring, that there were things built into it to their system that you didn't need a line leveler or a flash of the HU. He said that the leveler would lower the voltage which their system didn't need. That basically their system worked best this way. He also said I wouldn't blow the amp, that it had a protective feature to keep that from happening. He did say it was possible to blow the speakers using a bad source.
Just passing along what I was told, because I don't know, just trying to learn. And that's why I ask so many questions.
Allen

sbeamer (04-14-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 12:40 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wam
Ok, I am not arguing or disputing what you said. I talked to the guy at Arc audio. He agreed about the source and it causing distortion. He also said that with their amp and wiring, that there were things built into it to their system that you didn't need a line leveler or a flash of the HU. He said that the leveler would lower the voltage which their system didn't need. That basically their system worked best this way. He also said I wouldn't blow the amp, that it had a protective feature to keep that from happening. He did say it was possible to blow the speakers using a bad source.
Just passing along what I was told, because I don't know, just trying to learn. And that's why I ask so many questions.
Allen
That very well may be true. Aftermarket guys know there is a huge market place for motorcycle audio and just maybe they have combated the hd boom box system. It is just a matter of time that someone manufacturing amps and speakers come up with the ability for a plug and play setup for these HU.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BT355 Line Leveler