Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie simple system help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 01:57 AM
rocmytims
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie simple system help

Hello all,

i have a 2014 SG standard.

on reviews saying its a tried and true set up i purchased a CV B54 amp and set of infinity kappa 62.11l speakers.

im looking to change the front speakers for now, but wire the bike for possible 6.x9s later in bag lids.

my questions are. What all do i need to get this installed, i have a buddy helping me but want to make sure i cross all my t's first.

1) best way/most cost effective to install speakers? I heard of a pod mod but needed more info on it.

2) do i need a BT335 LL? If so which one should i be buying for hooking up the fronts only righr now. I saw 3 options on there site.

3) do i need different grills or will stock fit?

any other info i should know is appreciated.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:30 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

First, are you running the stock head unit? If so, you will need the bt355 line leveler. If you are running fronts only then that amp will be ok. Keep in mind that if you add rear speakers then the b54 will not have enough power for all 4 speakers. The amp purchase is probably the one thing you wont change as speakers come and go so spend a bit more for an amp up front. Arc 600.4 is a great amp and will have enough power for what ever 4 speakers you want. Also the SS pn4.1000 will have enough but takes a little finesse to fit. If you can send that b54 back, I would do it. The kappas are 2 ohm and will run off of it well but finding 2 ohm 6x9 that sound good in the rears is hard to find. Keep in mind that the rears need a lot of power to be heard as they are fighting wind pushing the sound away from you.

The stock speaker pods need modification for most aftermarket speakers but can be done with a dremmel and some cutting. To eliminate that, biketronic speaker brackets will replace them. They are a bit pricy but once you tackle taking off the pods, you will see why so many have bought them including myself. If you are dead set on keeping the speaker pods, there is a vid on youtube about modifying pods for focal speakers. That will give you a clue on how to mod your pods.

You need the LL for the front. It has 2 molex connectors for the imput. The one with just 1 connector is for the rear input from the hu.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:19 AM
rocmytims
Intermediate

Thank you for the detailed reply, i unfortunately cannot return the amp, i wish i had read up a little furthur on the SS pn4.1000 as its the same price i paid for CV amp.maybe one day ill end up with speaker pods by the foot instead of 6x9 bag lids and hopefully this amp could run 4 6 1/2 if i ever go that route.

i will be running the stock head unit.

i see the option to pick the front speaker only LL, but i dont know which of the 3 options the molex connector is, could you point me in the right direction?

i see these options below on there site.

* CHOOSE CONNECTION:

• Front Speaker Connector

• Street/Classic/Road In-Fairing Rear Speaker Connector (ex. Ultra and CVO)

• Universal

* CHOOSE YOUR CURRENT RUSHMORE RADIO MODEL #:

• 4.3 no navigation, smaller screen

• 6.5 navigation, touch screen
Also i read somewhere they have an hdforum discount and military discount, anyone know how much those are?

Old 03-23-2018, 07:13 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

As I stated above, you need the front speaker LL that has 2 connectors out of it. Now do you have the 4.3 or 6.5 boom HU? Does it have 4 buttons on each side or just 2 buttons on each side? If 4 buttons then it is the 4.3. If just 2 buttons on each side then 6.5. Biketronics offers a discount for being a forum member and an additional discount for military members. Call Donna at biketronics when you order the LL and or speaker brackets and she will help you out with that.
You will hear lowers (by the foot as you called it) a lot better than rears if you decide to add them later. Also if you use the kappas in the lowers they will work on that amp since they are 2 ohms.

You will need power supply wires for the amp also. Something like this:
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...SABEgJAwvD_BwE

Last edited by travelingypsye; 03-23-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:47 AM
rocmytims
Intermediate

Thank you for clearing that LL info up for me. I have the 4.3 radio, it was super late. Couldnt think of the name lowers for the life of me.

if you have any experience with 14 street glide and up would you say this amp should fit fine without buying a mount for it?

Old 03-23-2018, 09:56 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by rocmytims
Thank you for clearing that LL info up for me. I have the 4.3 radio, it was super late. Couldnt think of the name lowers for the life of me.

if you have any experience with 14 street glide and up would you say this amp should fit fine without buying a mount for it?
It will fit just fine on the amp tray above your HU.