Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bracket options for 8" in bags

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 06:18 PM
desperado 66
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what amp are you driving them with and how is it wired

Old 09-21-2018, 06:21 PM
desperado 66
Advanced

where are they crossed or full range

Old 09-21-2018, 06:37 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Hers my 8s at a little over half volume. A little echoey as I had the garage door closed

use ear buds

Last edited by FrenchieM; 09-21-2018 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Add text
The following users liked this post:
Johnny Goodlife (09-24-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 06:45 PM
desperado 66
Advanced

sounds great, nice install,

Old 09-22-2018, 06:57 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
I am interested in this also. I am thinking of making a 1/2 inch wood "plate" that fits in the rear corner of the bags and attaching the speaker to the plate and then securing the speaker and wood support plate to the bag from the outside of the bag with 4 screws or carriage bolts or a combination of both! If possible, a threaded insert (molly) of some sort imbedded in the wood plate that you could screw a carriage bolt into, and that was secure would be ideal, but I don't know if something like that exists! Most of the installs I have seen use wood rings, with carriage bolts going thru the bags from the outside that go thru the wood ring and also the speaker frame to hold securely. Hard to thread and secure the bottom bolts that way, that's why I was trying to figure out a way to secure the plate with speaker already attached from the outside of the bag! Going to Menards or Home depot to check out what type of materials I could use?? Thought from guys that have already done this??
bolt the bag, ring, and speaker all together with 4-1/4" bolts with neoprene lock nuts

Old 09-22-2018, 11:15 AM
hernaa02
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with a set of 8mb450s in the bag. I cut it out a little different because I didn’t want it noticeable without someone looking for them. I went with a metal spacer and the grill that came with it. It was a perfect fit the inner ring of the spacer cleared the cone without

any issues. At some point I will add the water proof cloth. Although, I was caught in a 3 hours down pour and had very little water in the bag, I mean like a few drops that wiped up with one paper towel. I did spray the speakers with a water repellent spray from scotchgaurd. I hope that helps. Good luck.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:51 AM
Lucky 7 Custom Cycles
Banned
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GLW Mike
I'm trying to plan out best way to mount 8" speakers in back corner (or front i guess is option) of saddlebags,facing wheel. I see the American Hardbags ones and they really look like a nice setup with grills,etc...but they are $379 for a pair of brackets.

Would just using a spacer, say 1/2" and bolting speaker to bag be rigid enough? I just dont see many options when i google.

Obviously, when i mount these things and cut holes,etc..I want to make sure it's done correctly and not have issues,etc.

thanks

I think the back corner would be best or i suppose all the way to front of bag.. Just want to maximize remaining space.
IMO the best way to do it for sound quality, and ease of install is to mount from the outside and seal it. This is an 8" setup we did a month or so ago.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:25 PM
screaminyz
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Lucky,
Awesome work man looks great. Is that box a specific cubic foot for the speaker that was used or did you make it as big as possible and to just clear the 6x9 in the lid when closed?

Old 09-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Lucky 7 Custom Cycles
Banned
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by screaminyz
Lucky,
Awesome work man looks great. Is that box a specific cubic foot for the speaker that was used or did you make it as big as possible and to just clear the 6x9 in the lid when closed?
That one was made specific for the 8" Speaker.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:20 PM
screaminyz
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucky 7 Custom Cycles
That one was made specific for the 8" Speaker.
Which 8 did you guys use there and what’s the cubic foot of the box just curious?

Quick Reply: Bracket options for 8" in bags