Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Euphoria DB Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 01:35 PM
coach127
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
Default New Euphoria DB Build

Just got back from Lucky 7 to see the new build in the 19 CVO RG. Up front are the DB EX6NCD with compression horns, bag speakers are the DB EX6NCX, Amps SD 800.4, and SD 400.4. I took pictures to show amp placement and the cutouts in the front pods. Also picks of the spacer made to compensate for the bag locks on the CVO.

Cut out break side

Cut out clutch side

SD 400.4

Front

spacer for bag

DB EX6NCD

Kept the GTS HU

Pods marked for cut

SD 800.4

Old 07-18-2019, 01:40 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Did u get ur ears on the fairing EPH Coax?

Thanks!!

T

Old 07-18-2019, 01:47 PM
coach127
Tourer

No the bag speakers aren't in yet and still had to tune. Should be ready later today if the DB EX6NCX speakers come in this afternoon.

Old 07-19-2019, 04:22 PM
coach127
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Did u get ur ears on the fairing EPH Coax?

Thanks!!

T
Got my bike back today and got to spend about 2 hours just listening to different music. Even though I had heard the Euphouria speakers in other bikes the DB EX6NCD really does everything I was looking for from a top end speaker. Vocals are loud and crystal clear but it is the separation in the music that I am able to hear that really seals the deal for me. I can easily see how people can become addicted to the pursuit of that perfect sounding system. I also realized how little I understand about how to put a system together.

Old 07-19-2019, 04:27 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by coach127
Got my bike back today and got to spend about 2 hours just listening to different music. Even though I had heard the Euphouria speakers in other bikes the DB EX6NCD really does everything I was looking for from a top end speaker. Vocals are loud and crystal clear but it is the separation in the music that I am able to hear that really seals the deal for me. I can easily see how people can become addicted to the pursuit of that perfect sounding system. I also realized how little I understand about how to put a system together.
That's awesome you like them! Have you heard Beyma's 6CX200nd or Faital's Pro 6HX150 coax to compare them to?

Old 07-19-2019, 04:40 PM
coach127
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ron D 33
That's awesome you like them! Have you heard Beyma's 6CX200nd or Faital's Pro 6HX150 coax to compare them to?
I heard the Beyma's in a couple of different bikes with great variance in the systems. I don't think I could say that they stood out over the DBs but I don't have the experience that most of you guys have to say you should spend your money here or this speaker is head and shoulders above another. It is a slow and expensive learning curve but having people that are willing to stand up and give an honest opinion of what they think is what makes this forum such a valuable resource.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:06 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

I heard the Beyma's in a couple of different bikes with great variance in the systems. I don't think I could say that they stood out over the DBs but I don't have the experience that most of you guys have to say you should spend your money here or this speaker is head and shoulders above another. It is a slow and expensive learning curve but having people that are willing to stand up and give an honest opinion of what they think is what makes this forum such a valuable resource.
In general my ears seem to like the 6.5 mid bass presence a bit more on the Euphoria but think the detail in the 6.5 midrange of Beyma is just damn hard to beat.

Are you using the passive crossovers that were provided for the horns or do u have them active on their own channels?

T

Old 07-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm still trying to figure all out too and it's a very expensive process. I agree it's a very useful forum for info and thought those are nice speakers when I tested them. I was just wondering if you'd tested other pro coaxs first before trying those because those are so new and wondering your opinion on them. I personally like the Beyma coaxs the best, DBs 2nd and Faital's 3rd with my current configuration.

Last edited by Ron D 33; 07-19-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:44 PM
coach127
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
In general my ears seem to like the 6.5 mid bass presence a bit more on the Euphoria but think the detail in the 6.5 midrange of Beyma is just damn hard to beat.

Are you using the passive crossovers that were provided for the horns or do u have them active on their own channels?

T
We did not use the crossovers. The SD 400.4 is running the compression horns bridged. We(they) didn't have to flash the HU just used the line out converter to get the tune where they wanted it.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

These Euphoria EX6NCN are the real deal. If u boys and girls have a chance to get ur ears on them, I highly encourage it.

T

Quick Reply: New Euphoria DB Build