Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Dealer download ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 05:45 AM
holmsea
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dealer download ??

I have a 13 ultra - removed the cat ,kept original head pipe - installed V & H slash cuts and installed the K & N high flow air filter !!! My question is has anyone had the download done from the dealer ( Windsor to Toronto )not here to bash any dealers just looking for some extra advice ( questions to ask and how is your bike running now ) so when I get this done it will be done right - the other bikes I owned had this done already -- I dont plan on ever doing a stage 2 so I do not want a tuner and not looking for more horse power just a cooler better sounding bike !!

Thanks for any and all info

Old 03-12-2018, 11:46 AM
stickz
Intermediate
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I assume you are talking about the SE download from the dealer? If so, I wouldn't bother spending the money, if you want your bike to run cooler. If you can find a dealer that offers something other then SE, then that's a different story.

I bought the SE Pro Street tuner and turned by bike....was told it would run cooler and "better". That was not the case, it ran just as hot or possibly even hotter. The issue with the SE tunes, as found out after purchasing, is they all have to stay emission compliant (because Harley was sued a number of years ago).

Over the winter I purchased a TTS tuner and had my bike dyno tuned, because there was no way I was running another season the SE tune. Haven't had the chance to ride it yet, other then on to the trailer, so can't comment of the difference in heat yet. I can tell you, I noticed a huge different on how much easier it when up the ramp after the TTS tune tho.

10 RG with Thunderheader and high flow air cleaner.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:14 PM
JKM
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree, you are wasting your time/money with any download from the dealer without using a proper tuning device and having it tuned on a dyno. You say you don't want a tuner, but the fact is you will need one.
The Harley SE tuner is a direct link type device so no "box" on the bike. Maybe this is what you're looking for, but again, don't bother going with a downloaded map, get one done properly on a dyno.

Not a lot of good tuning options in Canada. One that is relatively close to you is Donny Morris. he is well known in southwestern Ontario. Give him a call to discuss what you're trying to do and he will steer you in the right direction

Donny Morris
Stay Tuned Systems
8278 Airport Rd E
Mount Hope, ON, L0R1W0

905-679-2237

Old 03-14-2018, 04:18 PM
jbrooksca
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Second that, have Don Morris tune your bike. Well worth the drive to Hamilton. He tuned my 2014 Air Ultra after some winter mods. The factory canned map was fine but he found some HP & TQ. Overall the throttle response is crisper, bike is a sheer joy to ride.

Jerry