Custom Models All custom bikes.

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 09:18 PM
bobbsterkid7
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you do?

for those of you who have built customs, if you could do it again would you? I am so undecided if I want to do the full on custom or look for say a fatboy and put a larger CI motor, or have the motor worked.

give me your thoughts!

Old 12-26-2007, 03:36 AM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what would you do?

I would and will do it again........................ . . . .........................................

Old 12-26-2007, 06:05 AM
rebeltruce
Tourer

I would/am doing it again, I have no regrets whatsoever....

I have screamed, cursed, kicked......but in the end it's always been worth it. To be able to say 'I built that'.....now that's saying something.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:44 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Over the years I have built a lot of them,but finally found what wanted in a Big Inch bruiser RK.No need to look any more.Building you own will get you exactly what you want.Good Luck

Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
xtreme77mopar
Advanced

Im lucky enough to do this for a living...everytime I think im done with my own personal bike....I find it back on the lift for something new. I cant get enough of it!

Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't tell my stock bike riding buddies, but stock is DULL!!!
I will never stop doing things to my bike. If I do I'll have to trade it and start over.
Marsh

Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
customhd
Intermediate

Do it from scratch. You get the rake and strech you want, as opposed to nothing with a factory hd frame.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 AM
bobbsterkid7
Tourer

I honestly think I've made a decision to keep with the idea of building a custom. It will take more time (I am not ready tp put the $ in yet anyway, I have a 600 SQ. FT master bedroom to finish) but I think the end result will find me much more happy. I think I would then maybe get more of something like a roadking also for distance trips, with bags and all. Not a bad idea to have 2 bikes if you can afford it

Old 01-04-2008, 08:58 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

600 sq ft bedroom! Holy ****,almost as big as my house.That room must be some important.I like my rooms small,chasing mother around doesn't take so long.The bottom line with a custom is you can have it the way you want and for less money.Your connection to the bike is lot different than buying one outright.I own 2 RK's for the price of one.Life is good!Good Luck.600sq ft.Wow!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:15 AM
bobbsterkid7
Tourer

When I bought my house I bought it 8 months old and I was 26 years old. The guy who lived there built it with his wife, shortly after completion they split and he had to sell because he couldn't afford to live there. It has a 3 car garage, and no landscaping, no grass when I moved in. I added a deck, pond and fence for my dogs to run (I have 2 boxers) and tasteful landscaping. The grass is finally in too, atleast in the front yard. The main level is 1200 SQ FT. When he had it built the upstairs he chose not to have the contractor finish because it was going to cost around $20K, he thought he could do it much cheaper, but he never got to finish it. So I bought the house cheap and lived there alone for the first year and a half. Then I met my soon to be wife and the rest is history, she moved in and we are working on the upstairs now. Not point in adding 2 bedrooms when all the plumbing was already run. We will have about a12X5 closet, 16X11 bathroom,16X16 bedroom area and a 9X10 Office/Nursery. It was too big andopen up there not to make it just a master bedroom! It's a pretty good deal, and will be a huge selling point when we sell the house. Also will have about 500 finished SQ FT in the basement finished hopefully next year. I'll have to post pictures when it's finished!

I want to get the house all done before I start a bike, but it never hurts to get ideas!

Quick Reply: what would you do?