Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing for 2004 FXDL

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fairing for 2004 FXDL

Anyone put one of the following on a 2004 Low Rider?
Memphis Shades Gauntlet, Rifle Raptor, Conley T-Sport. I'm looking for one about this size since I think batwings are too large and 1/4's are too small. However, all of these seem to fit on 2006+ models but not older ones. I'm guessing they went to larger forks then but am surprised they don't have 39mm brackets. I've even sent an email to Memphis Shades but haven't heard back.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:09 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got the JD Customs FXDX-T reproduction fairing, which is a much better choice than the Conley version. My bike is a 2005 Low Rider so it's just like your, 39mm front end and everything. The JD Customs fairing is very well built, and everything fits together very well. One caveat, with most if not all such aftermarket fairings, including the JD Customs that I have, you will have to relocate the top mount Low Rider style headlight to a bottom mount. The JD Customs fairing comes with the mounting block for the bottom mount headlight. You will have to buy the new headlight, or at least a bottom mount bucket, and drill a hole in you bottom triple tree if it's not already drilled.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain

Thanks for the info. JD Customs was another one on my list, except that he's out of stock and really proud of his mounting hardware ($200 on top of $400 for the fairing seems rather excessive for $10 of fiberglass and $10 of sheet metal.) I do have JD's hand guards, like them and thought they were a great deal.

I'm not looking for absolute cheapest since I tried to rig up an Emgo fairing on a Sportster a few years ago and it ended up being a waste of time and money. But the Gauntlet is like $150 which would be really nice to test if it simply bolted on.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jmb79
I've got the JD Customs FXDX-T reproduction fairing, which is a much better choice than the Conley version. My bike is a 2005 Low Rider so it's just like your, 39mm front end and everything. The JD Customs fairing is very well built, and everything fits together very well. One caveat, with most if not all such aftermarket fairings, including the JD Customs that I have, you will have to relocate the top mount Low Rider style headlight to a bottom mount. The JD Customs fairing comes with the mounting block for the bottom mount headlight. You will have to buy the new headlight, or at least a bottom mount bucket, and drill a hole in you bottom triple tree if it's not already drilled.
Did you also have to relocate the idiot light panel (mounted on the eyebrow)?
How tall are you and what height screen are your running? Do you have any buffeting problems above 60?